Star note collector's

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by johndo, Oct 8, 2007.

1. johndo

johndo New Member

To star note collector's, what is your best star note that you have found in circulation? "best" can consist of lowest # consecutive #'s or any other combination of #'s

I have found all of mine in circulation ranging from $1.00 to $100.00, I have 10 that I have snatched out circulation in the past couple of years.

This is my best and it happens to be a fairly low #.

Thanks, John

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JHar4330

JHar4330 New Member

Nice find, that one has a nice serial number too

4. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

2 consecutive 1999 CU F-* 1$ notes pulled from a fresh pack. I also have an AU note. 640,000 printed. Current CU retail is $85 each.

1996 AH-* $20 notes. Also only 640,000 printed. Have at least half a dozen from VF to AU+. CU retail at $150.

1963A $50 I-* note in VG-F. 128,000 printed. CU retails at $500.

Now, could I turn around and sell these notes for huge profit? Depends on quality and buyer of course. However, I got all of these for face value and will guarantee I would make a nice profit if I sold them.

That's for the people that have no understanding of currency but feel the need to express why it's a waste of time.

Nice thread.

"To star note collector's, what is your best star note that you have found in circulation? "best" can consist of lowest # consecutive #'s or any other combination of #'s"

Duhhh - looks like I overlooked that part but all of the notes I mentioned have numbers on them.

5. helpmeplease

helpmeplease Senior Member

my best from circulation

Attached Files:

6. johndo

johndo New Member

Clembo, sounds like you have some nice stuff.

helpmeplease, That a cool note, several wks ago I got pd with a 100.00 * note

John

7. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

i think my best star find is a 2003 $1 G09982689* its pretty rare. :cool:

8. clembo

BING magic number. 640,000 printed in that run. Lists at $35 in CU.

Nice find!

9. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

how much would it be worth in circulated condition?

10. clembo

ALWAYS a loaded question there Coinlover. Dpends on condition, market and who's looking to buy it. Might be worth a buck on ebay and then on the other hand if three people want it might be worth over CU value.
    I know I say it a lot but there are SO MANY variables in currency.

In the meantime - KEEP IT!

Draft saved Draft deleted