Slow Build up

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Blue Angel, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

I always try to cost average on my purchases.....always buy around $100-200 per payday. Slowly but surely have accumulated a pretty good sized stack. Started out collecting and still do but buying more bullion these days.

Liberty Walking halves - usually pick up any I see at local shops, flea markets, and good deals when I see them online. Common dates, culls go on the stack.

Libertads - Same thing....it will be hard to part with these beautiful coins...but silver price will dictate.

American Silver Eagles - I try to buy at least 3-5 every payday.....don't much care for any particular dates or condition....I have "collected" enough sets, so have been stacking them for bullion.

Morgan dollars - Really nice BU I will probably keep....common culls go in the stack.

Silver bars, generic rounds - not really too fond of these but buy them if a "screaming" deal..

Also, have recently picked up a bit of gold...1/10oz. and 1/2 oz. bullion coins.

A lot of folks try to time the price dips but I believe in buying the same dollar amount every payday...no matter the spot prices...it averages out over time and adds quite a bit of heft to the boxes in the vault....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

however you do it... in the end you have alot of cool coins :D isnt that all that really matters? :p

oh.. and the profit made from selling at a premium is nice too :D

4. Have you thought about getting any Canadian Maples or Austrian Philharmonics? Those are beautiful coins also.

5. commidaddy

commidaddy Senior Member

I do like your strategy...it's the same in the stock market, just keep buying, eventually over time everything will even out.

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Golly gee, you are not worried and panicking about these little swings in the market?:D

Seriously your strategy is sound, too bad quite a few others cannot seem to put money away that way - and not worry about it incessantly.

7. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

I have a few of the Maple Leafs....very nice coins...also the Austrian Phils in 1/2 ounce gold....I have seen photos of a stack of silver Philharmonics....without the reeded edge they look very cool!

Draft saved Draft deleted