Slabbed coin storage/display cases.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bama guy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Hello. I have a question as usual. I have 3 NGC slabbed coins that is a set. I would like to put them in a storage/display case mainly for their protection. The thought of these coins rubbing together has begun to bug me lately as I realize the possibility of these slabs getting scratched or damage. that may sound stupid but i do not want to look one day and find an ugly scratch across one of my slabs. Maybe i should slab the the slab.

Anyhow can anyone recommend any companies that provide these cases. It should be as small and compact as possible. It should be flat as possible to fit into a safety deposit box. Thanks much

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

check out Coin World, they sell wodden cases for the slabs, usually in the rear of the issue.
    If I find a page # I'll post it later.

4. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

NGC makes a storage box for their slabs that is very nice. It's not a "display" box, but stores the slabs nicely and keeps them from touching each other. The good thing about this box is that it also holds PCGS slabs too. I'm sure it will hold some others as well. It also looks nice!

5. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

You can find plastic storage boxes for slabs (PCGS & NGC anyway) on ebay. Eagle makes album pages that hold slabs.

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

i saw some album pages that would hold slabs, but my lord they were like $5 each or so ... way to steep for it to only hold 9 slabs... But if they make them, i am sure anough people buy them...

I like the idea, but not the price :)

7. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

Heres what Ive found...........they're from www.coins4me.com and they have one that holds 3 slabbed coins. Fairly inexpensive also.

Attached Files:

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

the pics posted are presentation cases, but they also have storage cases .. thanks for the link indianhead.. i like it :)

9. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

I put all my NGC and PCGS slabs in their own respective storage cases... I think they are like 10-12 bucks each new and hold like 30 slabs...

I get mine from the the local coin guy used for 4.00 each... or if I'm buying a bunch of stuff, he'll throw them in for free...

I use my lable maker to notate what Series of Coins and years are in each...

My 1950 - Present Nickel Set takes up three boxes
    my Morgans take 2
    my S.A.E. set take 2...

I have a few extras for odds and ends; Like my Sacagewea Proof Set and Susan B. Proof Set all fit in the same box...

Plus its easier to get them in and out of the safe by the slab box, vs a stack of slabs...

10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

get an intercept shield box. they are designed to protect your coins :)

11. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Thanks group.

12. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Right on... that's what I did, based on recommendations right here on CT !

13. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

If you are going to hide them away in the safety deposit box ..don't waste the money on an album or a wooden box. Go to the grocery store and get some sandwich bags. Put on slab in each bag. You can wrap the excess plastic around the slab and put a piece of tape on it to hold it in place. Stack them all you want after that and they won't get scratched. All you spend it $1.23 on sandwich bags and use the other money to buy more coins.

Also, thin bubble wrap from Office Depot works good also. Trim the wrap to the size of one time around the slab and it won't get to bulky.

Draft saved Draft deleted