Silver going $20+ this year .

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kevin wu, Jul 8, 2020.

1. alucard86

alucard86 Active Member

No, I took the 1-19 coins price and subtracted it from the current silver spot price Ask Price.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

That's the premium...come on man...you know better

4. WoodyWW

WoodyWW Junior Member

If Apmex is charging $30.10 per coin for 1-19 ASE's--what are they paying for ASE's? And does anyone know the normal spread on them (if there is such a thing) at B&M coin stores?

Also, are the spreads on ASE's more or less than 90% "junk" silver?

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

B+M spreads are all over the place for ASE's. Was +$6.50/over last week. Not sure what the buy back was. Rounds are $2.00 over online and B+M.

6. alucard86

alucard86 Active Member

I tried to get back in at 11.90 and the 13s and 15s, but my LCS were still $5+ over spot at $13s per toz. APMEX was $6-7. This was physical ASE, Maple Leafs were $1 less. But I felt that was still too high for premiums. At that low toz price I wanted ASE or ML and not 90%. Which my LCS were out of 90%, and APMEX 90% was still at 13x FV.

So instead I bought SLV @ 11.21 per share in March on my trading app. I'm still holding since March and now SLV is 19.69 per share. I did add more shares around the 12$ and 13$ marks. Haven't added any more shares since then. All in March. I got myself to 100.00 shares. Might sell soon but maybe wait and see if Silver can get into the $23 mark. SLV will then hit $20 mark.

7. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Less recognized = less trusted = less selling premium

I'd expect selling premiums in general to drop right here, as dealers try to move all the stuff that's suddenly a lot more profitable before the price corrects. The discount for buying, though, is likely to widen -- until they start to run low on inventory.

9. JD Bartlett

JD Bartlett New Member

Yep, that is true> And, as an example: $18 silver in 12-09, adjusted for inflation was $21.49 in 06-20.

10. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

Today silver went up crazy ! Went up $2 dollars + . Screenshot_20200721-185728_Finance.jpg

Tuco likes this.
  11. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Looks like silver might hit $23 by Wednesday morning!

7.50pm.JPG

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Silver Comex for September is up a buck and a half tonight beyond $23.

13. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Supporter! Supporter

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  14. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

If you been collecting or stacking the last few years you should be in good shape to make a little profit pretty dang easy.... I have read where some say "Supply and Demand" its one of those times now. I am not going to get rich on this. I am just going to get my monies back plus a little profit and play with house money on next CC purchase. I have a chance to sell some and make some doe but I wont because I am to dam greedy to sell waiting on the price to continue. squeeze the trigger Holt

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  15. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Pre-market:

Silver Futures $22.935 +$1.378 +6.39%

I think $25+ is doable.

slackaction1 likes this.
  16. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

Melt silver closed at $23.34 with gold closing at $1870.

That ratio is 80:1 which is the same as 2-14-2018. I know the average since (year) 1792 is 15:1, but I think the modern average is ~50:1.

Silver could go up to $37 or gold will go down. PM is rallying due to the weak dollar and zero interest rates. I am keeping my melt silver as I see it going higher than some of my lower rated Morgan coins. JMO.

It is fun when my hobby stuff moves up like this.

17. Kevin wu

It gonna be weak dollars in next few years , gold will be $2000 + by end this year , silver will go up more then gold like it all way did , PM might dip at some point if stock market crash , but at end PM will be much higher then 2008 . Buck your set belt Let ride to the Moon.

18. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

I've been in silver a long time. I bought most back in 1998-2006 at an average price of $5.

In 2011, I sold a lot at around $45. It has been half that since then so I restocked.

I bought gold at $1250 two years ago. The prices vary with a dozen other market indicators. It's complicated.

Tuco likes this.
  19. Kevin wu

Smart buying , good for you!

20. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Well done [​IMG] Selling at the right time might be the toughest part of the equation.

21. Kevin wu

Oh boy we gonna see $ 30 + silver this year , I don't know how many people still waiting for the big dip , but I am going buying more now. Screenshot_20200727-064110_CNBC.jpg

Jeffjay and slackaction1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted