Silver going $20+ this year .

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kevin wu, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

Look like sliver on bull market right now , will be $20+ by end this year. Screenshot_20200708-131223_Finance.jpg

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and Tuco like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

I agree, we'll see some big dips and it will be a wild ride but silver is going to get exciting.

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I don't see how things could get exciting for silver unless you're holding a bunch of it and you've been holding for a long time! :D Anyone who pays $5-$10 over spot is feeding the fat cats at the top of the heap, nothing more! :yawn:

5. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Gold will break all time high while silver struggles at $20

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  6. slackaction1

slackaction1 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter how high Silver gets is what it selling for.. like right now and its not even 20. should be selling some..

7. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

None of you know what you are talking about. In fact, nobody does. Anyone predicting future prices is not a smart investor.

Jeffjay likes this.
  8. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

$20? So what. Seven years ago it was $24.
    $19 only seems high because it has been $15-$17 for the last 5 years.

runninghorse1 likes this.
  10. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector Supporter

Heck, back in 1980 it was about $50/oz.
    Of course the situation was different.

11. fretboard

The top link is a scam as they're not real American Silver Eagle Coins even tho' the add pretends that they are. The bottom one doesn't have real Morgan's either so they're both scams. How do they get away with it? They're slick as snot, that's how! :D

12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

In our area it is already well over spot. What a see-saw ride but we are patient and are very satisfied to freeze our silver asset at this time. Good luck to all.

13. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It all goes up and it all goes down.

15. fretboard

Yes, you're right but I haven't trusted silver since the retail price went above $3 over spot, that killed it for me! Anyone who pays the current retail prices, especially on ebay are striking out! JMHO as everyone has one (‿ˠ‿) and I just showed off mine!! :D

16. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

I'm hoping it goes way up or way down. Its lingering in my don't buy and don't sell zone.

runninghorse1 and Jeffjay like this.
  17. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

Pretty sure sliver will go up for next few years. It just beginning of the bull market.

18. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

Your prediction might be correct by the end of this week! :D

Attached Files:

19. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I bought my silver at $7/oz and watched it go way up, then back down again. Today's prices seem like a lot, and not enough, all at the same time.

20. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I don't understand those denouncing silver on this forum. Gold goes from (round numbers), from $1500 to $1800, (20% increase), and its "great". Silver goes from $12.50 to $19.00, (52% increase), and its "trash. Even using 2019 average prices, (since silver went down more than gold in March. In this case you would get gold going from $1400 to 1800, (29% increase), and silver from $16.00 to 19, (19% increase).

So, silver goes up and down more than gold. That means if you think PM will go down, own gold. If you think its going up, own silver. Neither are "trash", and anyone believing so I believe are short sighted and/or misinformed. If people are paying a premium because they can only buy $200 at a time, it is not silver's fault. The same people would only be buying 1/10 ounce or 1/20th ounce gold, ALWAYS with a high premium. Those who prefer gold should compare their premiums versus 100 ounce bars of silver to try to be more apples and oranges.

21. fretboard

I don't see it as anyone denouncing silver at all, I collect both but I prefer gold that's all! Sure, silver is going up, I don't doubt that at all but I haven't bought any for a long time and I probably won't until I go to my LCS, that's all. I'm not gonna lie about it tho', I love gold and I love it more than silver. I haven't bought any silver for stacking since 2015. Also, I prefer to buy only raw American Silver Eagle Coins, no proofs, nothing slabbed and definitely no generics. Silver is really close to $20 right now but when some buyers have been paying $5-$10 premiums, it will have to go up a lot more for them to even break even.

Draft saved Draft deleted