Signs of the Times at the Bank This Morn...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by scottishmoney, Nov 25, 2008.

1. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Asked for $2 bills with my withdrawal and got 5 consecutive $2's with the first day of issue stamp from April 13th 1976, from here. Someone likely held onto those for 32 years before they got to the bank. All are now AU'ish, but I will keep them.

Lately I have been seeing lots of older currency at the bank, but I haven't gotten the first day of issue $2s' before.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. konabear

konabear Member

Very nice. I hope more good luck comes your way.
    I think you should go straight back to the back and
    ask for more.

kona

4. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

The person probably called a coin shop and got a line like they are not worth much over face so they just brought them to a bank.

Nice circulation find and yes it is scary times we live in!

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

unfortunately a lot of stuff is going to be bought and sold in the next few months due to the economy. My advice is that now is the time to look for bargains and buy!

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Over the last few months I have accumulated hundreds of dollars worth of Ikes, 40% halves, and much much older style currency dating back to the 1934 series.

7. SINED

SINED XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I make it a point to ask friendly tellers if they anything old or odd in their draws. Not surprisingly many don't know the difference between recent issues and older currency.

Now I carry a silver cert in a sleeve and show it to them. " Yes, of course," they usually say. "I'll hold any I find for you."

I'd like to show them some older 5s, 10s etc but I think I'd just muddy the waters.

8. erwizard

erwizard Numismatic RN

I rec'd 10 2003 $2 unc notes, consecutive at my bank today.

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Oh my tellers know the difference, it helps that my favourite teller is a bit of a collector herself, and saves the goodies for me. I had to sell her a Peace dollar recently to "pay" her for her finds for me.

10. erwizard

erwizard Numismatic RN

Same here. SHe cashed a paycheck once with a variety of denoms from $1 - $100 from dates 1928 to 1950. Then she quit. Figures!:goof:

Draft saved Draft deleted