Shows this weekend

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CohibaCris, Jun 25, 2004.

1. CohibaCris

CohibaCris New Member

Are there folks heading to shows this weekend?

I will be hitting the Raleigh bourse first thing tomorrow morning. I will be hunting for Morgans, the finishing touches on a Roosevelt set, and a whole lot o'looking.

Just wondering, what are you seeking?!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jody526

jody526 New Member

Good luck, cris. Let us know what the show was like.

4. National dealer

National dealer New Member

How was the show?

5. CohibaCris

CohibaCris New Member

Sorry for the delay in responding, ND and Jody, but I just got back from the second trip.

I won't talk money, 'cause I get in trouble that way. Safe to say that I made out like a bandit!!!

Completed the following sets....
    Jefferson 38-present PDS
    Roosevelts (Business strikes) with only 7 silver proofs to go for that dime series.
    Wife finished her Franklin set! She was very very happy about that and then proceeded to OD on Kennedys.

I picked up 11 Morgans, two proof sets, 3 Barber dimes, and a MS 69 Buffalo Commem. The old lady nabbed well over 50 Kennedys from a half price bin, and felt quite proud of herself for the deal that she "brokered". Oh yeah, we also bought a SAFE! :D

Needless to say, it was a killer show. I think there were 80 tables, decent for a local show, and I made some new friends.

It was great! The last show I felt like I got my feet wet and had a few drinks from the numismatic elixer. This show, I downed 2 5ths of the stuff, and new all the while I was hopelessly addicted.

6. National dealer

National dealer New Member

A collecting wife? Add an atta-boy from me on how to pick em. :D

7. CohibaCris

CohibaCris New Member

Nah, she picked me and it is what the quality geeks call "special cause circumstance". Nothing I did to deserve this, but she lets me smoke cigars in the house, plays video games with me, loves BIG dogs and enjoys collecting coins.

We did make a deal, though. She gets my check, I get an allowance. She decides the amounts we will spend at the shows. She has the half dollars, I can worry about everything else! :D

So, lucky: You bet your ......

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well congrats on several counts !! ;)

Not too sure about that "givin her the check" bit though :eek: :D

9. CohibaCris

CohibaCris New Member

Hey, it keeps the peace, I get a sizeable allowance and have to think NOTHING about money expect my coins! :D

If you had the chance, wouldn't you do it?

Draft saved Draft deleted