Serious Message

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bonedigger, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Team,

Coins are your least worry. This morning my Whole World almost collapsed when the Wall, SD city police called. Our youngest daughter (15 years old) was riding in a car with some friends to school and was in a bad accident. The other SUV slid thru a stop sign and into the passenger side of the car where Meghan was sitting. And, if it weren't for seatbelts and airbags she wouldn't be here now. There was almost an inch of ice on the roads in town from the rain/sleet we had last night. She received a broken jaw in two places (wired shut), broken arm, concussion, and three broken ribs. All the the kids were okay except for a bloody nose the driver had from the airbag. The driver of the SUV received a reckless driving ticket in the collision and cited for no insurance. :(

Incidentally, this is the 2nd accident we've (Jen and I) have had to deal with (our daughters) in less than a year. Our oldest in you remember got into an accident in Minneapolis and that "sloshed' her brain pretty good, but she is alright now. Talk about praying when they took her in for X-rays and a CT scan. Man, I hit the floor and opened my heart to My God.

There are things more precious than the coins we own and in a blink of an eye they can be taken. Trust me...

In Peace
    Ben

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jon67

jon67 Loves Lincoln's

i wish her a speedy recover and my families prayers are with your daughter

4. HelloNewman

HelloNewman New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you Ben.

5. General_Godlike

General_Godlike Dept. of Transportation

Best Wishes and Prayers go out to you and your family.

6. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Sorry to hear that, Ben. Thankfully she is going to be ok. As a father of two teenagers myself, I can understand all too well.
    Guy~

7. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

First and foremost I'm glad to heard your daughter is going to be alright. I can't agree with you more about your insight to what we believe to be important, only to find what is truly important or "valuable" in the face of adversity.

You and your daughters are truly blessed. Things could have happen so much worse. Hang in there chief and thank your god for these blessings. You must be doing something right to deserve them.

Gods speed for your daughters fast recovery.

Allen

8. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Thanks guys. Jen will be spending the night with her in Rapid City (observation, hospital) and tomorrow I'll go in and hopefully get her home. I had to get back this evening to the house to feed the cows and the dogs, LOL...

Tomorrow will be a better day. :)

Ben

9. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Man Ben I thought this was an old thread at first.

Thankfully she was strapped in. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her.

clembo

10. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

Ben. Sorry to hear about that. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. A

11. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Ben ~ Glad to hear that she will be okay!!! Our kids are the most precious things on this planet! I wish her a speedy recovery!

Darryl

12. vincent2920

vincent2920 Senior Member

Hey Bone , I know you don't me fom Adam but how about sending me a PM with an address so I can send out a Get Well card. Some other members here may want to do the same. Thanks and best of luck.

13. ACW

ACW AIM HIGH

Truly bad news indeed. This is the call a parent prays never to get. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

14. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

I'm glad to hear it didn't come out worse, Ben, and I hope for her quick recovery.

15. rotobeast

rotobeast Old Newbie

My goodness.
    My heart and prayers are with you, Brother.

16. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I second that.

Ben, I hope your family's luck on the roadways improves, and ya'll's blessings to be survivors continue.

17. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

Amen!

18. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

Prayers and well wishes brother Ben, for a speedy recovery and a happy ending.

19. srkjkd

srkjkd Book before coin

ben, i an so sorry to hear of the accident. i am glad that things were not worse. i wish her and her friends a very quick recovery. i will pray for your family! these things quickly make you realize the true importance of things in life..i lost my own son to sudden infant death syndrome yrs ago. i can understand well your pain, grief, and worry. once again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. GOD is with you always and may he give your family and the others much comfort and care and draw you closer to HIM and each other.

sincerely and with very much love,
    steve

20. coins2006

coins2006 Member

I am fairly new to Coin Talk. As being a Father and Grandfather all I can say is THANK GOD your daughter is going to be O.K. and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Charlie

21. zeke5

zeke5 Member

My prayers are with you. Hope all is well.

John

Draft saved Draft deleted