[CLOSED] September Gettysburg coin show contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Paddy54, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Leave Wednesday night, get a hotel and have a mini cation in Gettysburg! I'll even buy you a drink!

Paddy54 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RoseWesche

RoseWesche Official "Crazy Cat Lady"

Thanks for the chance, and please, COUNT ME IN! I'm very new to coin collecting and would love to attend a show. Unfortunately, that one is a bit far as I live in Texas. But even more unfortunate is that the coin show here in my neck of the woods has been cancelled.

Paddy54 likes this.
  4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

count me in :) Sounds like a great coin show for anyone interested in collecting coins, way too far for me though. Thanks for the contest Paddy54! :D Car 54 where are you! lol:D Anyone here remember that?! :phantom:

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Paddy

Count Me In

Paddy ;)

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. Paul Price

Paul Price Member

I would love one of those medals. But I live too far away in Ocean City. And a hurricane is coming. My dealer friend will be there Bob Greenley from Delaware with a table or two. Tell him to please bring me one home. Please !!

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Count me in :)

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

LoL I know Bob very well... we do a lot of horse trading. :)in fact I told him he needed to set up there....small world.

9. Paddy54

LoL the show is at a hotel... can't make it till Saturday.

10. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

You need a room downtown. If I had a room in that hotel I'd be worried I would try to sleep walk onto the bourse. I wouldn't want to be woken out of a nice deep sleep walk by an armed guard! :eek:

Paddy54 and IanC like this.
  11. roger tabor

roger tabor New Member

count me in

Paddy54 likes this.
  12. IanC

IanC Numismatist

I wish I could dream something and then be there :woot: The guards probably wouldn't even try to stop you. They'd be too confused trying to figure out why someone is walking like a zombie.

Paddy54 likes this.
  13. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

"count me in :happy:"

Thank you.

Paddy54 likes this.
  14. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Count me in.

I wish you could count me in to actually be there; still doing some part-time work every end of September-first week of October. I’ll get there some day!

Steve

Paddy54 and green18 like this.
  15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Looking forward to the day old fellow..........

Stevearino likes this.
  16. Bill S

Bill S New Member

Looks like a nice token!

Count me in please.

Paddy54 likes this.
  17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just got back from the show. Very nice and a great day to go. Busy but no overly so. Easy to look and talk with the dealers. I even had a nice conversation with one of the guards. Not to mention a few nice purchases. I'll post them in my own thread later.

If you can get there, please do so for your own satisfaction. It was a great way to spend 5 hours today.

I even got my $5.00 medal commemorating the show. Very nice.

Paddy54 likes this.
  18. Paddy54

Good morning everyone...
    Well today is the 15 and two winners have been drawn for the 2 medals. I was going to wait till after I got home from the show today...as I was hopeful to be able to pick up a few more because of the interest in them.
    Unfortunately for me I cannot go today....family issues that need be taken care of will make it impossible for me to go. I am disappointed but there will be other shows. I was looking forward to seeing friends that sometimes don't see but once or twice a year.
    So that said I numbers were written down on slips of paper placed in a hat ,and the wife drew the winners. Each number corresponded to a post by a member who entered by the rules. Posting" count me in".....other posts were not counted.

So if you were post #7 & post # 22 you're the winners
    Montcollector & Rose Wesche congrats!
    I will pm you please reply with your mailing address and I will get these posted asap.
    Thanks for playing... and to those whom were able to attend the show Im glad you enjoyed it ,hopefully l will be able go go again.

Regards Paddy

19. IanC

IanC Numismatist

Congratulations!!

20. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Thanks @Paddy54! Sorry to hear you had to miss the show. I know you were looking forward to it. Hope to get to the next one.

Thanks again for your generosity...Mont.

Paddy54 likes this.
  21. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

@green18, if I promise to make it, will you be there sacked or sackless?

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.