New Website - Requesting Feedback!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ilmcoins, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ilmcoins

ilmcoins Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I have several coin websites set up on a local level and have had great luck with ranking in all of the search engines (due to experience in other industries). In my area, I rank in the first three Organic spots on Google and as a result I have a significant amount of search traffic and several opportunities each week to purchase single coins, coin collections, and coin estates.

On a National level, I could not find another website structured the way that my others are so I decided to take my efforts nationwide.

I have ended up with a database of coins and will be adding private coin collectors, coin dealers, and coin shops - these will be added city by city across the nation. As you will see, I have two cities to start with and I have about 40 more in the queue.

Each city will have a "Preferred Buyer" just like you will see on the "Wilmington, NC" page.

After we have about 100 cities on the website, I will look into adding sections based on non-USA coins.

I put my new website Live about a week ago and I was very surprised to see that I am already generating a lot of organic traffic on the search engines. Actually a ton for such a young website!

If you have a moment, I would appreciate some feedback on this. Keep in mind that I am about 90% complete. Like I said, only two cities are live and about 40 more are coming behind them. I will also be adding Half Cents to the database (for you early copper fans!).

Here is the link https://sellcoinsnearme.com/ and thanks for taking the time for feedback. If you would like to see a City Page created sooner than later let me know. Also, let me know if you have any recommendations for "Preferred Buyers" in cities.

Thanks, Tom

PS... the name of the website is a result of looking at the analytics behind my own sites. Sell Coins Near Me is by far the most commonly used phrase for regular folk looking to sell coins.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Jack D. Young likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Very impressive, great job!
    Did you write this as an HTML or create this on a website creator?

4. ilmcoins

Thanks! I use Wordpress but do a lot of the HTML on my own for the formatting.

5. CoinBlazer

Ill definitly be using your website!

6. ilmcoins

Any other feedback would be helpful!
    - Tom

7. CoinBlazer

Can you say what cities will be added?

8. CoinBlazer

Hey you got a google typo Screenshot 2018-04-26 at 2.06.28 PM.png

9. ilmcoins

10. ilmcoins

Funny how the mods removed my website name from the post. Asking for feedback is not self promotion. I am not selling anything...

11. ilmcoins

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If you really need it answered publically, perhaps @GDJMSP could oblige you.

13. ilmcoins

14. Kentucky

I think the difference is that yours is a website (I haven't looked yet) that offers coins for sale while the others (from your quoted post) are educational in nature and don't offer anything for sale. One way around this might be to post something informational letting people know you posted your selling website in the "for sale" forum...

15. ilmcoins

Mine doesnt offer coins for sale. Nothing is for sale on it. If anything it is educational.

16. Kentucky

I'll have to check it out.

17. Kentucky

OK, I looked and you're right, no offers to buy or sell. Perhaps send a question directly to Peter or one of the administrators.

18. ilmcoins

Help me out here @lordmarcovan !!!

Pickin and Grinin and Kentucky like this.
  19. Kentucky

20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

The following is my judgement as a fellow member and not in any official capacity since I'm still merely a baby moderator in diapers.

My interpretation is that such requests are indeed a form of self-promotion but should be permissible on a one-time basis since wanting feedback, proofreading, and opinions on one's website (even a commercial one) is a legitimate desire.

Just my personal two cents' worth, mind you. Not an official ruling of any kind.

PS- FWIW, I didn't even know this "Support and Feedback" forum existed until just now!

PPS- oh, wait. Never mind. I see. It's the forum for support and feedback about CoinTalk.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    ilmcoins and Kentucky like this.
  21. ilmcoins

I can understand that but my site is not commercial. I dont make money off it.

Draft saved Draft deleted