RPM question

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by FHDave, Mar 24, 2008.

1. FHDave

FHDave Senior Member

Hello all you error collectors!

I was looking at a 1972 IKE I have and found what I think is a RPM. Looking for validation that this is a known error (it is not in the IKE book from Wexler et al), I contacted James Wiles from the CONECA group. He indicated that it most likely was machine damage, false doubling. He is willing to validate the coin (for what is a moderate fee IMO), but I was wondering if any RPM experts here can tell me the difference between a real RPM and machine damage?

I may send the coin to James Wiles any ways, just for the education it will provide me, but I am hoping to get a better idea from others first.

I do not have the ability to get a close up of the coin that shows the mint mark and what looks like doubling. My camera setup does not allow me to get that type of detail.

Thanks.

(duh! can an administrator move this to the error forum? forgot I was in "coin chat" when I submitted this)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

You may want to try a web site called jmscoins.com The person on that web site considers himself a fantastic, great expert on just that type of coin. He has registered sets of IKE's and has been involved with them for a long time. With an IKE question I always ask him.

Draft saved Draft deleted