Rolls of pennies!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by batonfire131, Aug 4, 2009.

1. batonfire131

batonfire131 Junior Member

About how many rolls of pennies do you buy every week/month/year? How many error coins do you find in them every week/month/year? About how much time do you need to examine a oin to tell if it's an error coin?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jmon

jmon Numismatist In Training

It varies for me - I have bought one box, and, I have bought 15 boxes in a week. I would say that the finds are very rare. Of the roughly 15ish most recent boxes I have found one each 1998 wide AM and 2000 wide AM, no DD's, and about 8 wheats per box.

4. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

about a box a week for the last 7-8 weeks. One Wide AM 1998, a few die cracks/clashes (nothing significant), one blank planchet, one 2009 per roll on average, 8-9 wheats per box, a 1-2 canadian per box.

5. batonfire131

batonfire131 Junior Member

New question!

Aout how many rolls per box?

6. fishaddicit

fishaddicit Senior Member

There are 50 rolls per box. Me and my son average 8-10 boxes per week. Errors/ varieties are rare for us.

7. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Fish! 8-10 a week? That's up to 25,000 coins a week? Do you have time to catch a meal in there?

;)

8. rugrats2001

rugrats2001 Seeker of Truth

Holy Cow! How do you get rid of 20,000+ coins per week?

9. fishaddicit

fishaddicit Senior Member

LOL. We got through quickly. We throw a wide variety of known error dates and a couple variety date into a dime box. Once the box is full I'll go through them and look for the treasures. As far as get rid of them, I'm lazy. I take them to the coinstar and dump them in. I figure almost .09 on the dollar isn't going to break me. I just recently found a friend of my wife that said she loves to roll coins...Find out this weekend.:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted