Rochester (NY) Area Coin Show Sunday 24th

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by umtrr-author, May 22, 2009.

1. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

The last show of the "season" around here is this weekend.

The Rochester Area Coin Show (RACE) is this Sunday, May 24 from 10 to 4 at the Doubletree Hotel (formerly the Holiday Inn Holidome) on Jefferson Road at 390 in Henrietta, NY. Just a few minutes north of the Thruway.

It's a casual, family friendly, low key show, a number of area dealers participate and there's usually some nice stuff there.

Just checked the weather again for the area for Sunday: sunny and 72 degrees (F), you sure don't wanna be out in that :D

Stop by the RNA Table and say hello.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Hope that you have a great day mate and pick up a few nice bits :thumb:

4. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

It was a good show considering that it was smack in the middle of Memorial Day weekend. There was even a videographer from one of the local television stations there to shoot some footage for the six o'clock news.

Most of the material was US, there were a few dealers with some good sized binders and boxes of world coins as well. I was not there to be a buyer except for a few small items, but based on what I'd heard from dealers, business was brisk.

I brought a display based on the "Numismatic Zoo" presentation I had given to the coin club earlier in the year, which generated some interest and questions. We are there to promote the club and hopefully we'll see a few new faces at our June meetings. I enjoyed being at this show and the good conversations I had most of the day, and the really good burger I had for lunch (from the "Five Guys" across the street).

Next RACE Show is coming up on September 27 for anyone in the area.

Draft saved Draft deleted