Rochester (NY) Area Coin Expo - Sun 8 Feb 09

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by umtrr-author, Feb 3, 2009.

1. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

Hi all,

The Rochester Area Coin Expo (RACE) will be held on this Sunday February 8, 2009 at the Doubletree Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn "Holidome") on Jefferson Road just off Route 390 in Henrietta, NY.

Hours are 10 to 4. Free admission and free parking.

Our coin club is scheduled to be there with an exhibit "Coins on Stamps". If you're in the area, please stop by and say hello! I'm planning to be there personally in the morning--but don't let that stop you :D.

Webpage for the show (I and the coin club are not affiliated with the organizer, but Thalia Elizabeth and I have purchased coins from him)

http://www.keshequacoins.com/Show_Schedule.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'd love to go George but unfortunately it's a tad too far (LOL).

4. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

Show report--

A couple less dealers than usual. Traffic was a bit higher for the first two hours (my time at the coin club table) than it's been the past few shows.

Some nice selections of earlier coins this time. One dealer had four or five New Jersey coppers, more than I've seen in a while, varying types, conditions and prices.

A Pan-Pacific 50 cent commemorative that I would have picked up in a flash... had I won the lottery before the show, that is!

One thing I did not see is a single American Gold Eagle smaller than 1/2 ounce.

I also had a number of conversations with fellow collectors, which made the show fulfilling for me as I usually don't get the opportunity to do that.

The next RACE Show will be on Sunday, May 24 (and it's the last of the "season" before the fall). Well worth stopping by if you're in the area.

Draft saved Draft deleted