RNA holds its 2000th Meeting!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by umtrr-author, Sep 7, 2007.

1. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

I suppose I should have posted this earlier in case anyone wanted to attend... oh well...

The Rochester Numismatic Association held its two thousandth meeting last night (Thursday 6 September 2007). The club was founded in 1912 and is among the oldest in the country; it is ANA Club Number 2. The RNA has had two meetings a month for the past 75 years! In addition, the RNA has struck a medal for each one of its Presidents since that first year of 1912.

I am honored to be an active part of this club and as one of the "newbies" (some folks have been members longer than I have been alive) it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to be present in the company of many fine fellow numismatists.

The Rochester Junior Numismatic Association is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. The most tenured member of the RNA was also the very first member of the RJNA back in 1947 and came to this 2000th meeting. I think he had a chance to meet Thalia Elizabeth, who is currently the youngest member of the RJNA. I'm really sorry I missed that photo opportunity.

Make your plans now to attend the 3000th meeting, scheduled for sometime in 2055. Meanwhile, the RNA is getting geared up for its 100th Anniversary, coming up fast in 2012.

The club's website is http://www.the-rna.com . The last few issues of the RNA Newsletter are available on the site, as are images of most of the RNA produced medals.

Draft saved Draft deleted