Right time to buy palladium?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by CoinKeeper, Oct 5, 2009.

1. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

Palladium's on the rise, and hasn't stopped for the past year. Do you think it's a good idea to invest in a couple ounces?

Let me know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I do, I've always wanted to buy an ounce or two and the price just keeps going up and up. anything below 300$ is a good deal, although it's at like 308$ right now

4. CoinKeeper

CoinKeeper Keeper of Coins

The premiums are kind of stupid though. I can't find anything under $370 around me! But, if I buy at a premium, I can also sell at a premium. So, I might go for it.

5. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

It would be great if we can find an old post somewhere like back in 2002 or so where someone asks about buying gold at $255 or whatever it was at the time, and someone saying "eh, kinda high right now could go down to $225 or so... "

The story about Russia depleting it's palladium reserves is kinda interesting. I think the story broke last week? I'm kinda shocked it hasn't soared since then, I wonder what is the problem?

6. Prestoninanus

Prestoninanus Junior Member

It may be that Palladium is fundamentally weak because of the crisis affecting the car industry and the 'cash for clunkers' programme recycling what Palladium there is anyway...

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I thought no parts were allowed to be used for cash for clunkers cars? I'm sure that didn't stop anyone though from chopping them up though.

But what are the car sales globally? How are car sales doing in Japan, Russia, China, Germany etc...?

It would be hard to believe that slow car sales in the U.S. would affect palladium that much, unless other countries are not selling either....

Draft saved Draft deleted