Results of the Paper Money#2 Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by RickieB, Dec 22, 2008.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Hello everyone,

WOW, what a contest that was huh?? I have so many PM's that I can honestly say it will take me a couple of days to sort it all out!

What I know at this point is that the Winner of the 1/10th oz 1988 AGE is North49guy! Congrats to him! (He must know soemthing that all of us do not!)
    As far as the material, the questions were put together from the following sources;

1. Banknote Reporter Magazine (October, November and December, 2008 Editions)

2. The 1979 6th Edition of Large Size Paper Money 1861-1923 (William Donlon)
    that I have on loan from the SPMC ( Great organization if I may say so)

3. The Numistmatist Magazine (November 2008 Issue)

As soon as I get the finial results they will be posted here in this thread!

Thanks everyone for all your hard work!

Best regards and Wishes for a very Merry Christmas and Great Collecting New Year!

RickieB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

If only I had those sources. I went off the internet and my Guide to us paper money 2009 lol. Good luck everyone! Also thank you again RickieB for the contest. I know we all enjoyed it (even though we might have been frustrated after searching for an answer for a couple hours) I would like to say that it was the best contest I have been a part of and couldnt have done better! Great Job RickieB

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Well, congrats to north49guy...that is an awesome prize and I hope you enjoy it. I once won a 1/10th gold eagle in a contest here and it was my first (and only so far) gold eagle and they are more beautiful in person than they are in pictures. So, congrats! :thumb:

As for the other results...I'm sure we'll all be anxiously awaiting the results, I know I will be.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Congras to North49guy and to Rickie for holding the comp :hail:

6. sketcherpbr

sketcherpbr Enthusiast

thanks again for the contest! i haven't won anything in any contest before, so this one won't be a disappointment per se = )

7. CamaroDMD

You gotta be optimistic. ;)

8. sketcherpbr

sketcherpbr Enthusiast

alright, then I might as well pull a Spock and demand that Rickie give me my winnings :D

9. CamaroDMD

There ya go. :D

10. RickieB

The 1988 AGE 10th OZ Coin

The 1988 1/10th oz AGE was shipped out today to North49guy!!

Congrats again on the lucky #46!! He will post an image of the coin when it arrives. It will be coming by UPS (what Brown can do for you)

RickieB

11. Isaiah

Isaiah New Member

12. RickieB

13. tdec1000

tdec1000 Coin Rich, Money Poor :D

14. RickieB

Hello Everyone...

I have about 74 PM's to go thru...LOL

I will work on this through out the Christmas Holiday and post all the other winners!!

In my eyes, you are all winners!
    Thank you for playing....

Regards and Happy Holidays to You and Yours!

Regards,

RickieB

15. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

74? geez. take your time :)

16. RickieB

Hello Everyone....

Well Ihave printed all the entries for all Elements and Bonus questions!

As you know, North49guy won the Bonus Question#2 so that eliminated a bunch of work!

Of the Original folks who signed up, only the following folks finished both Element #1 and #2... They are:

Noost, North49guy, Smaugy, CamaroDMD, Greglax, Nickrapak, Randygeki, and Sketcherpbr!

I have time stamps for all these folks for both elements!

Results I will be working on so stay tuned...2 of these folks will win 1st and 2nd place. 1 other will win the Bonus question #1 so stand by while I calculate times and percentages...LOL

RickieB

17. CamaroDMD

Wow, only 8 people finished everything. I guess that happened last time though. It was a hard contest, but was totally worth it. I guess I'm a little surprised that more didn't

18. RickieB

RichieB....

As you know well by now, my contest are time demanding as well.
    I figure that I am supplying nice collectable notes for the prizes and that the folks who are competing will do just that, compete!
    I really never expect more than 45-50% of entrants to finish....

This does assure me of one thing...the folks that win are willing to put in the time for the oportunity and are gaining knowledge so they will know what to look for in the notes they just won!

I wish I could send all 8 of you notes...but, well as I mentioned, I have not hit the Lottery yet!!

Regards,

RickieB

19. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

I learned more history in 3-4 days than I did in all of highschool and college. Thanks for that!

20. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Ooo, what is the 2nd place prize? Or is it a surprise?

Draft saved Draft deleted