Reasonably priced morgan dollars all BU

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by zaneman, Feb 12, 2006.

1. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wyattreally

wyattreally New Member

That so sucks. I have all those Morgans. Maybe I need to look through and see if one is an upgrade. I bookmarked that merc though.

4. wyattreally

wyattreally New Member

You've only posted BU but these coins do look good. I have a couple of these years/mints in MS-60 - would you say I would be improving to think about your coins?

5. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

I personally think all of the coins are ms-63 or 64, but I'm not the greatest grader. The pictures aren't deceptive. I know they are dark, but I made sure you can see all the scratches and marks without trouble. I can't figure out how to better light my pictures, without it reflecting on the coin too much : (

6. wyattreally

wyattreally New Member

I thought they looked that high myself but like you I make no claims on being a great grader since I'm a novice but I have excellent up close vision and the ability to observe small detail and I generally have a good idea how a photo translates into reality so those did look above the grade I have currently. *grin* Now I have to decide whether or not I should bid because I'm already over coin budget this month. I just had to have a 1878 8 tail feather for my collection. It was bugging me. I'm far from complete (my wish list is very long) but I wanted one of those next. Like I HAD to have a Carson City coin last month (I ended up with one that wasn't TOO ugly). You know how it is. I hope.

7. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

I do know how it is. I'm way over my coin budget for the past couple months, I bought 94 different morgan dollars, and that is why I am letting some go. I decided to focus on PL and DMPL morgans.

8. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

Also I'm going to Rome with my Fiance in March, so I can't spend too much, and rather probably should sell some of my better pieces, and then upgrade when I buy news. (Upgrading btw, usually isn't great, if you can buy the best coin right away you should, as you will almost always lose money in the long run upgrading coins.)

9. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

I should also mention that I think the 1878 s might only grade a 62, since the marks on the face are really terrible.

10. Pie

Pie New Member

I think they are really gorgeous!

11. captmatrix

captmatrix New Member

yes they are, just started collecting them as well