Radar?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by craig a, Jun 13, 2008.

1. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I finally broke down and bought a note on E-Bay. It cost $32.00. Was it worth it? And is it a RADAR or Mirror note? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      135.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. monkeyman

monkeyman Coin Hoarder

I believe it is a radar note.

4. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I don't collect notes but if you like it & felt the price was fair it probably was a good deal . I know there are'nt to many of them : sig . hard to find '
    rzage
    I think Radar but you would think mirror , JMO

5. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

Is there a difference between a radar and mirror note? Ive seen ads in Coin World for one dollar radars going for $15.00 So I guess 12 bucks over face is ok. Thanks again.

6. Bordeaux

Bordeaux New Member

indeed a radar. i dont know much about knowing value but i can tell you my 1 dollar radar in mint condition would be 10 dollars. so i don't how that would work with the 20. i know the serial numbers have a lot to do with the value the condition the percentage of people that collect 20's...a lot can determine. But honestly i will have to agree with rzage and if you don't feel like it's worth it, then sell it back to someone else on e-bay. If you paid 32 for it im sure someone else will.

good crisp bill though indeed.

7. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I think I will keep it. Just really wanted to know if the price was fair since it was my 1st buy of such a note. It is indeed a crisp note.

8. Bordeaux

Bordeaux New Member

yeah i know how you feel. my first and only purchase right now is a 1935E silver certificate blue stamp star note, as crisp as it can be. I paid 35 for it. another coin vendor told me its worth 25. I frowned a little at first but i know it will be worth it in the end :eek:hya:

9. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yah I would definitely say its worth that much.
    Just think about it this way... If your buddy had it. and he said hey man, im going to go put this bill in the atm machine, unless you want it. But it will cost you 35 bucks.. what would you do? would you let him drop it in the atm and be gone forever? or would you spend the extra 15 bucks and keep it?
    personally id spend the extra money.

10. lewminator

lewminator Expert/Collector-US Paper

hi all,
    it is indeed a radar and worth between $35.00 & $40.00, techni-colors brign slightly higher prices, they should, given the relative "short print" life those seires have compared to the "old design" printed from 1928 through 1995! hope this info is helpful,
    lew

11. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

Yes Lew, thats very helpful. Thanks much.

12. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Howdy...6,400,000 printed and worth ~ $50 in CHCHU...

Keep that note!

San Francisco Fed Reserve Bank, printed in FW

RickieB

13. lewminator

lewminator Expert/Collector-US Paper

hi RickieB
    that would be true only for the replacements, or star notes - EL/*block. The EL/C block was the 3rd printed and was a full 98,000,000+ note run, a total of 800,000,000 notes were printed... for thr san francisco district alone...... all the wat to the EL/I block..... GOSH we print alot of money! ALL should use the price GUIDES carefully, they are ONLY GUIDES! Great sources of statistical information but the way prices ebb and flow, it's a good practice to either keep up with the current pricing or have friends that do:hug:
    consider me a friend that keeps up with those things............ among OTHERS:goofer:

14. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Both those terms mean the same thing as far as I know; that the serial number is palindromic (exactly the same read either forwards or backwards). "Radar" is by far the more commonly used term but "mirror" means exactly the same thing.

15. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

You are correct Sir, my mistake..

Thank you!!

RickieB

16. Bordeaux

Bordeaux New Member

today i got a pricing book on small notes...and i would most def say it was worth it. the bill alone in ch-cu condition is 30 dollars..which it looks to be in that condition...and I would say the radar makes it go above the $32 mark..:thumb: again nice note! hope this helps

17. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

Thanks for the info.

Draft saved Draft deleted