Prooflike Morgans

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by chop45, Jun 3, 2006.

1. chop45

chop45 New Member

I just completed my Prooflike Morgan Grading Set MS-64PL - MS-68PL. Im considering sending them to NGC for a Group Holder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

The 66 looks cameo to me.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

I love em all specialy the 68 that looks suberbly toned :bow: :bow:

De Orc :thumb:

5. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

They are beauties :)

B

6. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

I question the concept of a grading set. You start with the best struck date of the series. I don't think you can use these to compare with other dates, and grade off of them. O , CC, and P mints will look different.

Each date, mint almost has it's own standards for grading. Your nice set is only really useful to provide a reference to grade other 81-S PL Morgans from, IMO. Also you don't really know if each coin is the mid-point of the grade, barely made it, or is PQ for the grade.

I like the MS-66 one, that's the one I think could upgrade.

7. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Hey Buddy....could you upload the photos maybe alittle smaller....my dial-up internet won't bring them up because they are too large :(

Speedy

8. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

Speedy, these are Morgans, they need to be huge! You gotta hit the old man up for a high speed connection! lol ;)

9. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Our Phone/internet company hasn't gotten this far out in the county.....when they do I'll be sure to get it because they offer it for $29/month.
    I have put in a request with the Company asking them to get it out in this area.

Speedy

10. SapperNurse

SapperNurse DOD enhanced

Don't feel bad speedy. I DO have hi-speed but I still dont see anything lol
    unless there are folks in here hallucinating? lol

11. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

it is a very pretty hallucination, if i do say so myself.

12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The pics were there - I saw them. But the dreaded red X has reared its ugly head and now only 2 of them are there.

13. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

I saw them, they were worth the wait even on my non-dialup HS connection. Kind of funny, I never really understood why collectors in the USA liked Morgan Dollars so much, then I started getting a few of them, and they get kind of addictive.:thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted