Problem with Austin Rare Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by FlyingMoose, Nov 7, 2006.

1. FlyingMoose

FlyingMoose Senior Member

I ordered a 1/10 oz 2006 platinum eagle from Austin Rare Coins (http://www.austincoins.com/) because I couldn't find any other place that had it available. It cost $168 with shipping.

I ordered it on October 13, and I haven't gotten it yet. I've called them several times, and their story keeps changing. Originally, they said it would ship in 1-2 business days, and they kept saying it would ship soon, and finally they said it shipped Oct. 30. I still haven't gotten it yet. I don't see how it could take more than a week to arrive after shipping.

I've also seen it for a few dollars less on eBay buy-it-now, PCGS MS69.

Is this Austin Rare Coins place some kind of fly-by-night scam or something? I feel like i've been totally ripped off.

I'm going to dispute the charge on my credit card tomorrow. I have 30 days and it's getting pretty close.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NathansCoin

NathansCoin New Member

I dont trust anyone. Keep calling them, everyday if you have to. They will finally get sick of you and send it. Or try to offer you something free if there any good. I mean if there a big enough company they will have the inveintory to cover mitakes that for them are tax write off. Also i got a pcgs first strick 06 platty for 125 off ebay. Good luck.

use your phone untill you hand hurts from holding it. Alos your credit card should back you up. You dont have to con. why should you pa for it.

4. FlyingMoose

FlyingMoose Senior Member

I finally got the coin. So it took almost a month. Also, ithad come out of the flip and was just loose in the inner envelope (kindof a glue-coated piece of cardboard folded in half).

I don't think I'll buy from them again.

5. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

FYI...I collect the 1/4 and 1/10oz Plat series in proof and uncic. I have all of up to date. All are PCGS 69

I would not buy from a dealer like that..1st you should check out www.teletrade.com
    @nd check out a website www.treasuresstocks.com. Jeff Smith is a dealer in all Plat and Gold Eagles. The plat eagles are proof..he is fair and tell him I sent you.

Good luck RickieB

6. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

Draft saved Draft deleted