Possible scams from known ebay key date seller

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mralexanderb, Feb 22, 2010.

1. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I really think there is something very odd about this seller and her coins. Granted she tried to scam me on a 1888/88 IHC and I caught her close ups not being from the coin she sent.

Anyway check out her latest 3 coins for sale on ebay:

1- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&_nkw=230440448921&_sacat=11116&_fvi=1&_rdc=1 or #230440448921

2- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0&_trksid=m38&_nkw=330407117186&_fvi=1&_rdc=1 or #330407117186

3- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0&_trksid=m38&_nkw=330407116902&_fvi=1&_rdc=1 or #330407116902

Now do these three look vaguely alike? The first 2 look identical.
    I know this woman does camera magic and makes things seem to be real while they are not. I've followed her sales since she tried to scam me and she always has coins similar to these.

Since I gave her a Neg. for trying to scam she has blocked my bids. After I neg'd her she played innocent(stupid) by claiming she did everything right and didn't deserve a Neg.

What do you think? Follow her sales and she what she comes up with.

Bruce

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I agree. The first two are the same coin. The third looks different but it could be just due to the change in lighting.

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

In a word, Avoid this e-bay scammer !! :(

5. KennyMac

KennyMac 82nd Airborne Division

Good catch....it's unfortunate the level some people will stoop to just to try to "make a buck".

(I actually thought the make a buck comment was pretty timely...
    if you need me, I'll be the guy hiding in the corner).

6. PFCBEGA

PFCBEGA Staff Numismatist HA.com

agreed. i wish Ebay would ban these people

oh Kennymac btw AIRBORNE! (I'm waiting to hear back about my jump school spot)

7. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

First two are the same coin.

Then go look at the 1922 no D. Looks off to me - too much chatter where a mintmark would be but I could be wrong.

8. Goldstone

Goldstone Digging for Gold

No you guys are jumping to conclusions it is highly likely that one would have 3 identical VERY Rare error coins, and several other coins that look in similar condition all being semi-keys. As if she's staying just under the radar.

9. KennyMac

KennyMac 82nd Airborne Division

It's all good, bro...good luck to you, and I really mean that.
    I did Basic Training, Advanced Infantry Training, and Jump School (with a zero week) at Ft. Benning back in the 70's..
    Went on to get my Italian Jump Wings, Panamanian Jump Wings, Jungle Expert, a crapload of "I-Wuz-There" ribbons, and a bunch of scars I can't legally talk about.
    Don't worry, you'll get some soon enough and you'll hate it at the time, but you'll look back in 25 or 30 years and say to yourself..
    "that was a pretty damn stupid thing to do".

"Death Squad"
    3rd Platoon
    C-Company
    2nd Battalion (Airborne)
    508th Infantry
    82nd Airborne Division

(3-C-2/508)

10. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

No I don't think I'm jumping to any conclusions. I've had dealings with her and I KNOW for sure she tried to scam me with an 1888/88 coin that was not. The close up photos were of a real 1888/88 and weren't even close to the coin she had sent me. She constantly has these very worn key dates that are hard to identify in those states.

Be wary of any oivr auctions or BINs. Really.

Bruce

11. EdwardJ

EdwardJ 65 Year Old Junior Member

Sure enough just looking at the obverse of the first two coins they appear to be one and the same. When you check the reverse they are identical including the dig on the bottom of one of the lettetrs.

The 3rd though is definitely a different coin. It has all the letters of the "liberty" visible.

12. mpcusa

Its almost best to stay away fro Scam bay!!

13. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

You can get her banned, and it will only slightly inconvenience her until she gets a new account and name. These slugs keep slithering back to ebay and somehow manage to get buyers and positive feedback over and over again.

14. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

The first 2 have the same reverse mark, the 3rd has different reverse marks.

15. nyfrank

nyfrank Junior Member

Isn't it possible she posted the wrong photo in error? According to her feedback she seems very reputable.

16. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

17. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

I don't know what you are looking for. 3 negatives (as a seller) 2 and 3 years ago out of 1200 feedbacks. If you don't like going by that, her star rating is all 4.9 and 5.0. Not everyone is always perfect.

18. mpcusa

There deffinitley need,s to be changes made to the e-bay system!!

Draft saved Draft deleted