Possible new 2006-P "DDR" Lincoln cent!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by huntsman53, Jun 7, 2009.

1. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I recently found this 2006-P Lincoln Cent which has a Bar that extends from the Column to the right of Lincoln's right elbow (this is on the left when viewing) Southeast to his' foot! I believe that it may be a Doubled Column. Let me know what you all think. If it is a Doubled Die Variety, I can't find a listing for it on Copper Coins!

Frank

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. just coins

just coins New Member

A possible gas bubble but not sure.
    JC formerly jazzcoins Joe

4. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I seriously doubt that it is a gas bubble! I have included additional pics which show it much better. The bar or line appears like Lincoln has a Walking Stick laying across his' right shin with the end sitting on the floor of the Memorial Building.

Frank

Attached Files:

5. just coins

just coins New Member

Well the pics are a little better but there's a such think as elongated gas bubbles and you do see alot of that on these new cents. I will not make a positive conclusion on your coin, because i;m not really sure.
    JC Formerly jazzcoins Joe

6. lionsdog64

lionsdog64 New Member

i see it just like you say how did you notice that?i better start looking better i guess.

7. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

lionsdog,

I use a 5x + 5x Gem Loupe and usually use both lenses at the same time to get 10x power for inspecting coins! If I happen to see something that doesn't look right, I then use my 15x or 17x Loupes. If the object of my attention is still somewhat hard to tell what it is, I then engage my' 60x to 100x Mini-Microscope.

Frank

8. lionsdog64

lionsdog64 New Member

wow wow id better get somthing like that because alot of people tell me to get bigger pics and i cant just scan them any ways great find and excellant tools.

9. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

Although it may be considered too minor to list, my' 2006-P Lincoln Cent has been confirmed to be a Doubled Die Reverse Variety with an extra Column extending from the West Column directly across from Lincoln's right elbow Southeast at an angle to the inside of Lincoln's foot. The extra Column appears that it may even extend on Southeast to the floor of the Memorial Building. The Variety was confirmed by Ben Peters III at the Knoxville Coin Show and who is well known in the circle of Variety Collectors, Researchers and Experts. I have no idea as to whether it is a new Variety or a recent find that has yet to be published. Maybe Chuck of CopperCoins can shed some light upon the subject and if it is a new Variety, whether it is worthy of inclusion into the Variety Records.

Frank

10. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Cool find Frank!!

gas bubble?? hahaha

11. just coins

just coins New Member

Do some research on these cents that area is known for gas bubbles small and elongated ones ,and it also could be a die trail, I just don't see how it was confirmed as a DDR the image is so twisted for it to be another column Usually die tails run that way Just my opinion . Go to trails & wavy steps variety dies JC Formerly Jazzcoins Joe

i'm glad you happy LostDurchmen HA HA HA Ha TO YOU TO
    Well congrats if it was confirmed Frank.

Draft saved Draft deleted