peace medal nickels

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ruben, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ruben

Ruben Member

I recently got 5 rolls of nickels from the bank, and 4 of the rolls were uncirculated 2004 d peace medal nickels. Are they worth holding on to, or should I cash them in ?? Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Hi. Rubin.

When the 2004 peace medal first came out there was a big rush to get them I know people that paid $15.OO to $18.00 a roll. However that was then, like anything else in our hobby some people just hoard thinking that some were down the road they will be worth something. Just like the 1950-d nickel they were wrong just to many people saved them. If it where me I would go through all the rolls pick out a few of the best and turn the rest back into the bank look at each coin you never know what you might find good luck.

Bruce.

4. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

If they are all BU and you got them for face value, I'd hold on to them. Thats just me though. If you got them for face, worst case scenario you can always spends them.

5. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I like the reverse of those nickels; so I'd hang on to a few. You never know what tickles some collectors. Better to have them then to say I wish I had them.

6. wvrick

wvrick Senior Member

you only have eight dollars invested . you never know what the future holdsbut it will always be worth a nickel at the least. thats the way i look at it and have a few rolls put up for the grandkids to have in twenty years or so. they may just make something on them if not they may get face value.

7. Ruben

Ruben Member

Thanks for your opinions! I think I will hold on to them for now.

Draft saved Draft deleted