PCGS multi coin holder.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by FreakyGarrettC, Mar 13, 2009.

1. FreakyGarrettC

FreakyGarrettC Wise young snail

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

I've never seen a PCGS holder like that before. I can't believe they would let NGC corner the market on multi-holders forever, though, so it seems like a reasonable step for them to take.

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I can't remember when they started doing them, but they do them. Probably started within the past few years. THey don't advertise them like NGC does, but you can request it. I like the NGC multicoin holders better than the PCGS.

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Think it's been almost 2 years now.

6. RareSov

RareSov Junior Member

Hey nice 1 Pound concorde ! I have that one too, cute lil thing ! :)

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They started in November 2004, yes almost four and a half years ago and four months after NGC started their multi-coin holder. The reason you haven't seen it before is because PCGS never advertised or promoted them. They were also very inconsistant with them. Very briefly anyone could get them, then no one could get them, then they denied ever using them for production, then briefly dealers could get them for bulk orders, and pretty much since then PCGS has maintained that they don't have multi-coin holders and that they aren't available. Except every now and then one shows up with coin in it dated afte the time when they said they stopped using them. So somehow some favored customers are able to get them. Usually the only thing you see in them though are gold or platinum bullion sets like the one in the OP. (I think I have a set or two of state quartes in them though. I'm not sure.)

Draft saved Draft deleted