Pcgs Graded Coins With Spots....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dano83, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dano83

Dano83 Member

Hello Everyone,

I bought some graded pcgs sacagawea dollars on ebay about 2 months ago and when I got them they had brown spots on them. I took them out of my safe tonight and noticed that the spots are getting darker.

My question is does pcgs give a guarantee on coins they slab?
    or am I out of luck ?

These were the first slabbed coins i've ever bought. :mad:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yes they do. You can send the coins back to PCGS and request they honor the guarantee. But - even if they do, they will only reimburse you for the market value of the coins. And they determine what that market value is.

4. n_sandler4

n_sandler4 Paul

Too bad they don't go by their own price guide....lol

5. samjimmy

samjimmy New Member

Yeah, you'd think they'd use "The market's most influential price guide." ...but they aren't that stupid. ;)

6. airedale

airedale New Member

My question is does pcgs give a guarantee on coins they slab?
    or am I out of luck ?

Do they guarantee copper coins? This is 88% copper.

7. jody526

jody526 New Member

This is a quote from that particular TPG's website...

Sounds to me like you're out of luck.

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well, they paid about $35,000 for a 1963 Proof cent graded as PF70 that previously sold for $49,000 - they said it turned in the slab. So yeah, I'd say they cover copper.

9. Dano83

Dano83 Member

Thanks everyone for the replies :smile I sold all 7 coins to this guy in my area for 125.00 dollars.

While i'm here does anyone know where I can get some really nice PR 69's graded pcgs or ngc sacagawea dollars? I don't trust ebay any more :(

10. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Have you checked Heritage Auctions or teletrade? I only look at few of the coins they offer for sale(IHC, Shield Nickels and large cents). VTcoins and Island coins some(I have only used VTcoins). Then again you could eventually have the same problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted