Out of this world Lincoln penny

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by hvac81, Dec 12, 2003.

1. hvac81

hvac81 Junior Member

Hello all. Need a little help here, with this penny. I was told by an Oldtimer (not a Numismatist), that this coin as well as the one dollar coins of its era-in a limited quantity, were stamped with this impression
    by NASA. Now, I cannot find out anything about this. If anyone knows or can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate that. I hope the picture loads and is clear enough... Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well as I said in the other thread - it is a novelty coin. I can't say if NASA stamped it or not - perhaps they did. They do make nice mementos and some folks collect them. But as a coin - they are damaged and have no numismatic value.

4. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

I have seen quite a few counterstamped Lincolns with various things. I haven't seen that one before but, as GDJMSP said, it isn't going to have any real value to a coin collector because it will be considered damaged. Might get a buck or two on Ebay if you hit the right person looking for it but it could just as easily go unsold at 1 cent.

5. hvac81

hvac81 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.. Good info.

Draft saved Draft deleted