Online Gold Purchasing Companies

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by zoomer, Feb 23, 2008.

1. zoomer

zoomer Junior Member

I have a few thousand dollars worth of gold coins to sell and I am wondering if anyone has experience in selling to the companies who buy online. It appears that you have to send them them the gold for evaluation and then, if agreed on, they will send a check in payment.

The problem I have had selling locally is that I get a quote on the phone and then when I show up with my coins they give me some excuse why they have to lower the offering price.

Can anyone recommend one of these online companies, or are they just too risky?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

apmex buys them

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think golddealer.com will buy them. I bought from them years ago with no problems but never sold to them.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Apmex or Silvertowne are both very good by reputation and my experience.

6. alhas

alhas Senior Member

I search for "silvertowne" and received addresses of several web sites. Is this the site you are referring to? http://www.silvertowne.com/

Thanks!

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

I deal with APMEX for 99% of my bullion transactions. Very straight forward sequence you much follow.
    Never a problem....

RickieB

8. KomkaCoins

KomkaCoins Member

sell them to silvertowne great group of guys! I sell a lot of silver and gold to them in Baltimore (wow it is already this week)

9. zoomer

zoomer Junior Member

Email or Phone?

Thanks for the info. I did contact both Silvertowne and Apmex by email a few days ago but have not received a response. Is that normal? Do they only want to talk about coin prices on the phone?

(I was emailing both companies about some uncirculated rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves to sell--in Houston I have been quoted $5.50 per coin by a local dealer but I thought that was too low. I think at $18 an ounce I should get over $6.00 each.)

Draft saved Draft deleted