Old contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by bromac4, Jan 30, 2005.

1. bromac4

bromac4 Senior Member

Although I don't have the resources to run it all the time I am interested in the contest that Steve used to run. I do have a few Canadian items that I'd be willing to part with. I'm not sure how exactly to go about it or who to talk to. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, I just want to increase interest in Canadian coins.

Bill

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Bill,here's a few ideas about getting members interested in Canadian coins - both pre-Confederation & post-Confederation.

You could run a quiz asking questions about mintmarks,designs & denominations.You could offer some Canadian coins as prizes.

For example; you could ask 'What was issued in 1837 by the City Bank,Bank of Montreal,Quebec Bank & the Banque du Peuple?' If they got the question right,you would send them a Habitant Sou or 2 Sous piece. Do you think that is a good idea?

Aidan.

4. jody526

jody526 New Member

Hi Bill,

If I'm understanding you correctly, You want to run the "Week 38" contest. Is that right?

If so, you know how to do it, as you've done it before. Just make sure that you follow the rules, and that all that enter do the same.

I'm sure you won't be stepping on anyone's toes.

5. joesmom

joesmom Member

Bill,
    Thank you so much for stepping up and filling some pretty big shoes. I, for one, have missed the weekly contest. Have at it and good luck to all!
    Thanks for wanting to keep a good thing going.

Robin

6. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Robin,I did have a fun British Commonwealth numismatic quiz running recently.I don't know how many people took part.

7. joesmom

joesmom Member

Aidan,
    Like many others, I'm sure, I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm that you bring to the board. Unfortunately, speaking for myself only, the quizzes around here are not my strong-point. I tend to fare much better in a random drawing :D .

Robin

8. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

There is some advantages in the idea of a random drawing,but there are also some downsides.What if Member X was randomly drawn in 1 week,& then a draw was done & the same member's name came up? That is possible,but very highly unlikely.What's the weather been like over there in the Lone Star State (Texas)? It has been very hot over here in New Zealand.

I like the idea of members posting questions up to test other members.That way,you will increase the competitiveness of the members.

Draft saved Draft deleted