Official Long Beach coin show thread...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Arizona Jack, May 21, 2008.

1. Arizona Jack

Arizona Jack The Lincoln-ator

OK folks, lets set up the meeting/lunch/whatever day and time.

I have Acanthite's phone number which he pm'd me, and Monkeyman. Clembo and I.

thats 4 of us, anybody else? Spock, you serious about coming? I hope so.

Dan and I will be there start to finish Friday, thats it, so it will have to be Friday, anytime will work for us.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Arizona Jack

OOPS, already a thread...Mods, please remove this thread, sorry

4. CoinGal07

CoinGal07 Still Collecting

So is this like when women shop together and start fighting over 'THE' dress or "THE" pair of shoes? You guys won't all be hunting the same coins, will you? Could get ugly...
    I'll be googling news updates for 'riot breaks out over rare lincoln cent - film at 11'

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

haha i dont think the guys ar einterested in what i collect i dont even think they like my coins so i dont think there will eb any trouble but unfortunately iwont make it this time i think

6. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

Don't you know anything about male bonding? I guess you'd be surprised how cordial and civilized it is.

Arizona Jack, how about 1 pm for lunch? Any time really is OK with me, don't forget that The Cave Troll is there as well, maybe he can join us if Heritage removes his shackles for an hour.

7. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Mabey they can "flip a coin" to see who gets it. LOL :D

8. andycook

andycook Supporter**

Do you have your shopping lists?

9. Arizona Jack

Yes Andy !! I have several " want lists " to fill....this is going to be a great show.

I get to shop for some real nice Lincolns, and my own want list for my collection, still a real high end 1923-S.

I also plan on buying a bunch of books

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Good luck on the 23-S. I would tell you how I got mine, but then you would just be PO'd.

11. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

Met up with Arizona Jack and Clembo today, wanted everyone to know their excellent adventure has been going well, and neither has yet been arrested. AJ gets the prize for the best pickup, I'll let him surprise all of you with it when he gets pictures. IMO the show has had plenty to offer, though I restricted myself to Spanish Colonial reales and cherrypicking IHC and Barber varieties.

Monkeyman, will you be there tomorrow?

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Did Jack leave his laptop at home? I was expecting to hear from him by now.

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Coin Hoarder

Yes sir, I will be there tomorrow, I can't wait!

14. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Man I wish I was there. Anyway I would love to see pics of any Reales you might pick up. I only have one, but it is one of my favorites.

15. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

AJ has his laptop, but the place they chose to stay at doesn't have wireless. Instead of going out to be part of Hollywood nightlife tonight they may look for public access internet, LOL!

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i am glad i stayed home i got the coins i wanted :D certainly beats the disappointment of the central states show where i put in so much time and effort and returned home empty handed :(

17. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

So if all goes well, what do we do with the bail fund we started for them? ;) Lol, just joking, glad to hear all is going great! :thumb: Now acanthite, you have to clear up the mystery, does clembo look at all like his profile pic? :D

Phoenix :cool:

18. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Couldn't agree more ! I'm leading a 16-day river trip through the Grand Canyon. Hard to find girls willing to go, so there's gonna be some male bonding fo' shizzle ! Campfire silliness, here I come !

I did talk my wife and daughter into running the river with us. Maybe I can pick up some Arizona quarters along the way !

19. Arizona Jack

Hey Gang,
    1st internet access in a few days here. Clembo and I are hangin in Los Angeles after a great show. We'll post pics when we return to my house later this evening, about a 6 hour drive back to Phoenix.
    Just checking in.....

20. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

Jack, you should stop by where I work with Clembo :)

21. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

vipergts, I posted one for you in the World coins section.

Draft saved Draft deleted