NY International Numismatic Convention (NYINC)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by raider34, Dec 26, 2009.

1. raider34

raider34 Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Take a camera and take all the pics that they'll let you take. Ask permission first of course. There are going to be some great rarities there.

4. raider34

raider34 Active Member

In auctions or displays? I heard there were going to be some real big time coins in some of the auctions (Hopefully I can still catch some), haven't heard anything about displays though.

Either way, I'll try to take all the pics I can, not sure how camera friendly this show is.

5. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Just got an email back from the Bourse chairman. Cameras/Photography will not be allowed at the convention.

6. regandon

regandon Senior Member

I'm going to be there.

7. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

Not sure what day I'll be on the bourse (probably the first day), but I'll definitely be working one of the auctions.

8. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'd love to be there - but I'm going to FUN instead. Kind of mean of them to have the shows on the same weekend, but that's how its always been.

9. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

I don't think its much of a problem. The shows cater to two entirely different groups of collectors. There will be very few US coins there, if any. By contrast, FUN should be bursting with great American coins.

10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Some of us like both ;)

11. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Half of my collection is US, the other half European. Man does not live by bread alone...:whistle:

I work nights these days (oxymoron?) but will be attending the show after work on Sunday (Jan 10th) as it is one block from Rockefeller Center where I am employed.

I have gone to the NYINC in the past and some of the coins you will see will totally knock your socks off. EVERY major European and World dealer will be there and they all bring their best inventory.

I will be the old guy yawning looking half asleep. Drinking coffee. Spending money.

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

There will also be an awesome numismatic book auction.

check it out.

13. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Figures - dirty shame.

14. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

If it did not conflict with FUN, then I would be there.

Draft saved Draft deleted