Notice more Wheaties in rolls lately?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by andy21us, Jul 16, 2008.

1. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

I am not sure if it is because of the economy and the gas prices or what, but I have been noticing a lot more wheat cents in bank shotgun rolls then I have in the pass.

I live in a small town and it does not take long to run the banks in this town out of customes rolled coins, so when that happen I have to start asking for bank shotgun rolls until the banks replenish with customers rolls. For the pass couple of weeks I have received around $100.00 in cent rolls and I have notice a lot more wheaties in these rolls then in the pass. Out of that 200 rolls I have found 139 wheaties which is more then the normal 20 to 30 that I general find in that many rolls.

Has anyone notice this in their area?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

To say you're on a roll, Andy, is the understatement/pun of the year! Back in the day when I used to actively search these, though, I wasn't lucky enough to come across any customer rolls, so can't offer an opinion, there. But keep it up! :thumb:

4. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

interesting, i've been finding more wheaties in circ

5. bizzybill2000

bizzybill2000 Senior Member

I have also noticed a rise in the number of wheaties found in both coustomer and bank rolls. There is also an increase in the number of coustomer rolled coins getting to the banks. Last week one teller I know had saved 50 rolls of cents for me that she had gotten from an elderly couple. Many of the rolls were rolled years ago and amoung them were 4 rolls of wheat cents( all common, but nice). So it seems that the oil companys are doing something the feds could not do, Get the people to put there coins back in to circulation.
    Good Hunting, BILL

6. donnyb

donnyb Member

I believe you to be correct also. I typically search 50 rolls each week, from various banks in the area, results have been better in the last three months for wheat cents. My last weeks search yeilded appx 60 wheat cents, all 40's and 50's, enjoyable finds. I have also noticed more early Jefferson nickels from 38 & 39, and war nickels.

Draft saved Draft deleted