Note Value Reference

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Coinlover, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

hi everyone was surfing the web and found this site. its good for me and everyone else that does not have a currency book. of coarse this is only a reference but i thought it was a pretty handy site to bookmark.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

it does look like a pretty cool site, of course the values he gives will only be usefull to those who know what they mean. i can see that a person who doesnt know will take the rag star they found and look and see WOW its worth $4200 lol

4. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Look that $4200 note up in your book. It's about $26,000 low.
    One sold at auction in 2000 for $35,000 in CHCU.

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

wow, so the rag star just might fetch $4200 :D

6. oldbucks

oldbucks Senior Member

Clembo,

I think you are right, the site has not been updated for a couple years. Market prices are well beyond the stated table prices. ie. gold certificates, $1 LT (fr.1500), 1934 $1 SC, etc. I cannot speak for the FRN's of 1950+.

I have to admit, its organized and presents itself well.

Thanks for the link Coinlover...there are other good links on the page too. The image gallery is good and try the quizes.

Jeff

7. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Thats a nice little site. Its not super specific, but for someone who is just starting collecting paper currency (like myself) I think it will be somewhat useful.

8. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Just so nobody takes me wrong here.

It is a neat site Coinlover and would help people decide whether or not to keep a note. Hey, then they can ask for more specific information here.

Anything that gets people thinking about it is good. ;)

9. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Thanks.... pretty useful..

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted