Not sure about the new ebay feedback system

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by sf340flier, Jul 26, 2008.

1. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

Did you all know, for instance, that the feedback is only for the last 12 months? Geez, that really favors the buyers. If I have 1000 great transactions over the years, but took a month or two off, have a couple of negs or neutrals, well, you can get down pretty quick!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

That's only one of the problems.

How about "Only buyers can leave neutrals or negatives. Sellers can leave ONLY positives."

Or how about "Neutrals count the same as negatives in calculating your feedback rating."

I haven't listed anything for sale since January.
    I wasn't going to get caught up in the increased FVF's.
    And I could see the proposed feedback policy was going to make things even worse.

4. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

Actually, I think I'm done selling on ebay for awhile. The funny thing is, I am a powerseller, and haven't sold anything until recently that should qualify me. It seems they made it easier to be a powerseller, and harder on the seller's for feedback. I hope they lose their shirt on this one...I really do.

5. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

it was a change that was badly needed to help weed out loser sellers. Yes, it might have made things different, and did put more power in the hands of the buyer, but such is the fact of everyday shopping.

6. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

I'm sure there were bad sellers.

I have already experienced an episode where the seller wanted a refund, demanded I pay for all shipping (even though my refund policy clearly says shipping is not included), and basically told me they would leave me a neg if I didn't. I only have 30 or so feedbacks in the last year, and a single neg would bring me way down, so I just did it. Now, we'll see if I get the item back...who knows.

Nope, no ebay for me anymore...it won't matter to ebay though, I am small potatoes...

7. TheOracle

TheOracle Member

ebay

I completely disagree. Bad sellers just make new accounts. The number of good sellers leaving far exceeds any bad sellers that will leave.

With the increased fee's we are not selling on eBay any longer. Now they are going to be forcing sellers to take PayPal or have a merchant account. Just not worth selling there anymore.

8. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

Personally, I think anything that takes away the powerseller mentality is a good thing. It might be bad for eBay's bottom line, but I think they need to get back their roots. In the begining it was people selling to people... now with people making a business out of it and it gets worse then a shopping mall sometimes, where you have to wade through a lot of junk before you find the gems.

And I don't care what anyone says... eBay is still the best place to sell online. Even with the fees and new feedback, you won't find an easier way to sell ANYTHING with the same massive exposure. I just think people have been spoiled in the past.

But that's just my opinion. :)

9. kidromeo

kidromeo I M LEGEND

I have stopped selling in Ebay the day they made PaisaPay (Indian equivalent to PayPal) mandatory for sellers to make more revenue ignoring all non metro and city based seller like myself who were not eligible coz we live in village or small town.

10. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

I agree with aslan...
    I have said it before and will say it again...Retail stores and business do not rate customers, customers rate businesses. I dont give out cards to sears or best buy to rate me as a customer...but they do ask for feedback. It was a good change to keep sellers who, as we have seen here, admittedly use the feedback system for revenge or to bully buyers into not leaving negative feedback for terrible service. Thus no seller had to give a flip about doing things right and operate their ebay business LIKE a business....no need for good, professional service if all you have to do is bully the buyer you shafted into withdrawing an honest feedback.

All businesses get the jerk and have to deal with that...sometimes how they deal with it is the difference between a professional good seller and the type of seller this policy is driving from ebay. I do not eliminate a seller just for a few bad marks, its understandable...I dont stop going to sears just because a few people had a bad experience...most people with common sense know that sometimes people have bad days.

I dont agree completely with how the new system is set up but I think over all its good. I also agree that Ebay is still the best place to sell cheap and reach the largest amount of buyers worldwide.

I say this as a buyer who has no negatives or neutrals. I have had a few close called but have always been able to work it out.

11. sf340flier

sf340flier New Member

It's a good point, but like many, I have two ebay accounts--one to buy and one to sell. On my buyer account, I never really cared about my feedback. Don't get me wrong, I had only one ding in several years (evetually removed), but I could care less about feedback retaliation. I mean, what's a seller going to do after an auction closes...not sell to a buyer because of poor feedback...I don't think that was/is possible.

Now, my seller's account...well that is a different story...

Draft saved Draft deleted