New quarters featuring influential women

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Keithdee, Jan 7, 2022.

  1. Captain Sully

    Captain Sully Active Member

    How about writing the Mint, Your Senator, or the most influential Jan Psaki. She is seemingly an influential woman.
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. john65999

    john65999 Well-Known Member

    they are getting like us stamps...pretty son they will have monthly issues
     
    Inspector43 likes this.
  4. baseball21

    baseball21 Well-Known Member

    They're not even close to stamps
     
  5. chascat

    chascat Well-Known Member

    I like the new"OLD" obv. design, but wish they just kept the eagle rev.
     
  6. Mac McDonald

    Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

    Careful...she could end up on a quarter :yack:
     
  7. Mac McDonald

    Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

    The crew...all...have received plenty of homages and tributes. Gotta remember about McAulliffe, given where things are at and focused these days, with all respect:
    1. Female
    2. Teacher
    3. Female Teacher
     
  8. masterswimmer

    masterswimmer Well-Known Member

    McAuliffe didn't deserve a coin depicting her likeness and paying tribute to her more than the other brave astronauts that lost their lives that fateful day.
     
  9. schnickelfritz48

    schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

    Betty White . . . really? Next you'll suggest Monica Lewinsky as an influential woman!!!
     
  10. Captain Sully

    Captain Sully Active Member

    Yea she does. $100 bucks. Want one that bad Get one and look forward to Mint Issues.
     
  11. Mr.Q

    Mr.Q Well-Known Member

    @Mountain Man. Not only going back to the past but back to silver would be nice. I pretty much ignore modern coins and stick to what interest me pre-1982. OP, All the women chosen are great and I respect their selection. The composition of alloy is the problem in my opinion. Thanks for the post.
     
  12. baseball21

    baseball21 Well-Known Member

    Can you show me where they got their own commemoratives too? Traditionally it would be the captain that gets singled out if one person were going to be, but none of them actually should be. I get its all woke garbage pushing it right now, but from the start there was always this narrative that somehow it was a greater tragedy she was lost.

    The really sad part is it does make people like her less through no fault of her own because so many of these tributes treat the rest of the crew as an afterthought if they're even mentioned at all.

    The rest of the crew hasn't received nearly enough attention compared to her
     
  13. eddiespin

    eddiespin Fast Eddie

    There’s no question it’s political. A recent survey said 70% of university graduates believe the North won the Revolutionary War. The other 30% believe the French. With that understanding of basic civics, no wonder we can’t appreciate what we got.
     
    Noah Worke likes this.
  14. Jeffjay

    Jeffjay Well-Known Member

    That's an understatement. Most US citizens couldn't pass the citizen exam.
    Most immigrants understand how our system of government is supposed to function better than alot of people born here.
     
  15. Conder101

    Conder101 Numismatist

    She'd have to be dead first.
     
  16. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    Yeah I barely know what a S mint looks like. Have a few 70’s cents
     
  17. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    All good choices
     
    Michael K likes this.
  18. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    Holy crap
     
    Inspector43 likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    Now you know better. We have all made a few mistakes
     
  20. Cheech9712

    Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

    Lafayette comes to mind
     
  21. Jeffjay

    Jeffjay Well-Known Member

    True he was on a commemorative because he fought in the American Revolution. If they ever do a commemorative to selfishness Ayn Rand would be a good candidate.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page