New mystery coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ivri_bamidbar, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Ivri_bamidbar

Ivri_bamidbar New Member

I'm new here. Not even sure this is a coin. I'll post a photo soon, but wanted to see if there's any info out there. We have a coin that is sort of bowl shaped. It has a Magen David and two Olive branches around the edge of the outside and it has a more stylized 6-pointed star on the inside with a number 1329. and most interestingly it has Arabic script inside and out. Any ideas?

Ok, I finally got the photos. I hope they help. I have one more, but it is too big to upload.

Anybody got an idea where I can get the Arabic translated?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy Ivri - Welcome to the Forum !!

Your description rings a bell, sounds a bit like a bracteate. Ahhhhhh - here we go -

LB26 WORLD ASSEMBLY OF JEWISH WAR VETERANS. 1976 Æ59mm. Lion in center of Magen David and Hebrew and English legends/"Jewish War Veterans League" in English and Hebrew, with logo of lion, Menorah and Star of David. Scarce ? $35 - from Judaic Tokens & Medals as listed by Haffner

4. Tbirde

Tbirde Senior Member

The Muslim year of 1329 is equivalent to 1911AD. Morocco also has used the 6 pointed star on its coins. This sounds like a damaged silver 1329 dated 2-1/2, 5 or 10 Dirhams.

Draft saved Draft deleted