New Auction Site

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by Catman, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Catman

Catman New Member

Hello ewveryone,

Recently I have been advised by three of the dealers I buy from that a new auction is going to be opening up in February. They are going to be transfering their stores and auctions from Ebay to this new site.

I don't know much about it but found a web site if your interested.

catman

http://www.wagglepopauctions.com/hometemp.HTM

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ndgoflo

ndgoflo Senior Member

I found another auction site at www.bidville.com. Just found it this weekend and have only been there once, but it don't look too bad.

4. pob374

pob374 New Member

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

5. IvanV

IvanV New Member

nice sites...liked bidville so far...I had heard of that site...but didn't checked it b4 now...prices seems to be more fair than what I look at in ebay...(mostly lincolns and some silver)

6. JoeMoney

JoeMoney New Member

Just saw this at that wagglepop site...

Due to site interference, Wagglepop has been closed.

We will not be re-opening.

Please know:

1. The $57 in PayPal payments were refunded to 27 customers immediately upon closing.

2. NONE of the registration Authorization Only charges were, or ever will be, processed. They were all voided, and Wagglepop did not and will not collect a single penny from anyone affected by the closure. In fact, after voiding, we closed our merchant account and PayPal account immediately, to ensure that no one is charged, or processed.

3. In spite of all the difficulties (denial of service attacks, public misinformation campaigns, harrassing emails), we were ready to forge ahead with the site, until my family was physically and directly threatened. At that point, we made the immediate decision to close the site.....for obvious reasons.

4. Many of you who know me from eBay know me to be a good and decent man, with good intentions. My feedback is 100% with over 2500 transactions. I had helped, or been helped by, many on the discussion boards, and never had my reputation questioned. We agreed or disagreed like adults.

Maybe the idea that I could start an auction site was premature, and perhaps foolish. But at least I tried to make a difference, to help other sellers who clearly needed an alternative. We may disagree on the result of my effort, but let's at least agree that my intentions were good, and I did the very best I could, for as long as I could.

I'd suggest it's time for all of us to move along.

God Bless, and Good Luck

7. IvanV

IvanV New Member

looks like a good site...but not enough listings...

8. TheWolf

TheWolf New Member

I hear you, but if nobody shops there and nobody lists there than the site will never pick up. It was the first side that came in my mind, www.bid-it.com because two dealers that I know are listing there and if "Paganecoins" is listing there that means there is more to come...
    Did you read the top part? It is free to list there and the prices seem to be very good too...

The Wolf

9. cmbdii

cmbdii New Member

I really hope someone can get a site going to give e bay a run, I have belonged there since 1999 and seen it go from Bad to Worse, It is not a true auction at all anymore.

10. TheWolf

TheWolf New Member

You are right with ebay---Disapointing

The only problem is, you need a popular site or a special site who only runs and has what we are looking for. Currently we are in the buildup stage for bid-it.com and hope we can get everything the way we the users want it to be. Trust me, I'm working on it as good as I can to get as much input to the new bidding site...but I need help from everybody so I can suggest it to my friend and get it done too...
    Right now we are in the debate to open a forum on bid-it.com especially for coin buyers and dealers and secondary for everybody else to join and exchange experience and what ever they have to sell...

Please help to get "bid it" going...to fight back what ebay can't do for the customers.

The Wolf

11. cmbdii

cmbdii New Member

I really miss the old Trading post that they had in Coin World years ago. The New Collector can learn a lot from that, Perhaps a thread on the new auction Site for anything under $20 for trade would lure in some folks??

12. Bayou316

Bayou316 New Member

New Site

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Overstock.com is doing a super job on their new auction site. Just go to overstock.com and click on the tab for auctions.

13. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Thanks for this,Bayou316.How's things over there in Louisiana?

Aidan.

14. Bayou316

Bayou316 New Member

Louisiana

Well, what can I say about Louisiana? Things are going great here although we seem to be at the bottom of every national study regarding education, health insurance, employment..etc...I guess we just don't complain because the food is too good. If we complained, you guys would take notice and possibly come here and just take over our restaurants to the point we can't get a reservation. LOL

Nah..Louisiana is a great state. If you like to hunt or fish, you will find out why we are called "The Sportsman's Paradise". Plenty of both to keep you satisfied.

I used to live in Kansas City, Missouri and we loved it there, but we just had to come back home. I hated dealing with snow, slush and the cold.

I hope you guys go and check out Overstock.com. Tell them Bayou316 sent you. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.

If you are ever down this way, come by and we can sip on some good old Louisiana coffee while we wait for our cajun meal to be fixed.

Later