need some advice

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by caser, Feb 5, 2009.

1. caser

caser Junior Member

Well I am new at this, so please be patient. I am looking for some S Lincoln cents, I can't find any in rolls from the bank or any other time I check my change, am I doing something wrong? Are they only ones I have to buy??

Thanks for the patience.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

1st Welcome

S mint in Wheat cent 1909-1958 you going to have to buy unless you find a few thur searching rolls.LMC 1959-Date you can find some 1968-S-74-S in your change or searching rolls.but after 1974 there all the S minted coin are in Proof set

4. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

keep looking. the reason your not finding as much is because only the older ones pre 1975 (i think) had s mint marks. none after that unless they were proof cents.
    good luck
    mike

edit: looks like jello beat me to it :)

5. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

I don't know what bank you're going to because I usually get about 5 per box. 68-74 are the most common.

6. ubermint

ubermint Senior Member

71, 72 and 73-s took me awhile to aquire, then I got like 2 of each in a week. The older stuff though from 1909-1940ish is very tough to aquire from roll searching. It takes alot of patience. I am prepared to just start buying 1909-1940-s mint marks. (the ones I haven't found that is)
    Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted