Need opinion

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CW5000, Nov 13, 2008.

1. CW5000

CW5000 Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good buy to get the 99-08 set of state quarters(100 P+D) for $100???? In US Mint folder......

Also, are they still producing the 2009 quarters, I think there were supposed to be 6 more?????

Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

CW:
    The set of states is done, but the mint will continue until the end of the year, Hawaii.

And, yes, more to come: the territories, and possessions, and DC.

As far as a good buy? That is a judgement call, I am going to pass on the honor.

4. CW5000

CW5000 Member

Thanks for the input.

I just started collecting this month and was thinking that it would be pretty tough to find really good coins in circulation.......

Besides, one of the series I am planning to complete is Washington quarters.

Still think the same way???

5. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

I guess it depends where you live. That price seems kind of high to me. There is a guy at the shows I go to who sells these BU quarters, and and all of them, for $0.50 each. That works out to $50 for the set, but you'd have to buy your own folder.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I like the idea of the Washington quarters, eagle reverse.
    I have one in all uncs & proofs, Dansco album.
    All unc except for the big four: 1932 D & S, the 1936 D, and the 1934D, they are nice matching AU's.
    That set has done very well, in price appreciation, and I feel (just an opinion) that it will continue to increase in value.
    I also have a couple of Washington silver sets in circ. Also, a good set.
    Go for it.

7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

For single coins, they should not cost you more than twice face, i.e., 50 cents each.
    In roll quantities a markup of half face is about tops ($15 for a $10 roll).

Draft saved Draft deleted