Need help identifying! Thanks!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by RyanNolles, Nov 2, 2004.

1. RyanNolles

RyanNolles New Member

I Hope someone can help me to identify this coin. As far as I know its just a souveneir token of the infamous Confederate Half Dollar. But I have been unable to find a sample of the coin with a reverse of the one I have come to acquire. Any information would be greatly appreciated. See the pictures and help me determine whether the 900$ in the bottom corner is a 900$ or a 9.00$! Thanks a lot!

Reads on one side Confederate States of America Half Dol.
    On other side Reads Nulla Patria Amictae Fidei on a banner underneath the sheild and Confederate States of America around the edge. Thanks

~Ryan

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Welcome to the forum, Ryan. In my opinion your coin is a medal or token with the Confederate half dollar reverse. I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable in this area will come along and be able to give you more detailed info. :)

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Susan is correct - it is not a genuine CSA half dollar.

5. JDSCOIN

JDSCOIN New Member

Hello Ryan,

Yes, I agree with both previous responders to your question. It is a copy or replica of a Confederate Half Dollar. And as you had said, it is a 'souveneir' of the southern states. There were several versions of this particular half dollar replica produced. Yours is a variation of the original. I'm not certain as to what the 900$/9.00$ refers to. It could have just been wishful thinking by a previous owner. Some unscupulous person may have tried to sell it as genine in an auction. Regards, John

6. lundy

lundy New Member

I have one of these coins. wondering about value..

hello, I have been searching for information about this particular coin and this has been the only site i have been able to find with info on it. I am wandering what kind of value this particular coin holds, If anyone can give a rough estimate of apprasial that would be great. The coin i have is not as good of condition as the one ryan owns, but it is still in decent condition. thanks to anyone who can help. Chris.

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

lindy:
    Welcome.

On the half dollar: Breen lists them (# 8000 to #8004) However all restrikes and originals have a seated liberty obverse, with a Confederate reverse, similar to your obverse.
    There is nothing listed with your reverse, so probably a fantasy coin.
    Sorry.
    The $900 (I don't see a period) is probably a attempt to rip someone off.

8. Tonyajb

Tonyajb New Member

I have the same coin..can’t find anything about it either

Draft saved Draft deleted