~~Need help - id, grade and value~~

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by the collector, May 17, 2008.

1. the collector

the collector *Aussie Coins Collector*

Hi, i would like to know the ID of these ancient coins, the grades and values
    I could get them for a good bargain , i just want to make sure i dont pay too much for them..
    the last coin comes for free
    So here they are ->

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor_Clark

Victor_Clark all my best friends are dead Romans Dealer

The top four coins are Claudius Gothicus and the bottom is Valens. Prices are very subjective in ancients. There are many factors at play. Claudius II coins are fairly common and you can buy some pretty sharp examples for fairly cheap. I would expect to find these for circa $20, depending on the venue, but would expect a discount as a lot, so maybe around $15. On V-coins a decent example runs 20-30 from the more reasonably priced dealers, while prices on E-bay would be cheaper. The Valens is worth what you would be paying for it-- nothing.

Of course, do you really want four coins of Claudius II? It would be a more interesting lot, and worth more, if there was some variety.

4. the collector

the collector *Aussie Coins Collector*

Hi, thanks for the reply and i probably wont get them because the guyu wants $40 for all but in that quality and i looked ebay Claudius is pretty common one and there is better varieties there :(

Draft saved Draft deleted