my week

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mgChevelle, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

hello everyone.
    I've been gone for a week. I was at my grandparents, workin on the farm and helping out with my great grandma. My grandma found out that i collected coins, so she called her neighbor and told him to take out his coins and told me to go over there. He inherited coins from his mom and grandmother. when i went over there he had it all out on the table. he had some bullion, some ziploc backs full of common walkers, mercs, silver washingtons, silver rosies, silver kennedys. etc., etc., etc. It was pretty cool. he also gave me a 45 merc. when i got back my grandma got out a big bag of coins that she saved when she was a teller. She gave me 3 morgans and a peace dollar. that was awesome. I had a good week. The years are; 1883, 1882-o, 1896, and 1922. Could you help me out with grades on them. Thanks a bunch.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

2 more

Attached Files:

4. the_man12

the_man12 Amateur Photographer

Sweet coins! I'd go 64 on the 1883, AU/MS64 on the peace, AU on the 1896, and XF on the 1882-O.

5. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

Nice! Will you grandma adopt me? They are some really nice coins.

6. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

Nice! :thumb: You have lovely relatives :D

7. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

They all look like nice AU coins to me.

Congrats!

8. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

thanks guys. Ya my grandma is pretty awesome. The coins are just sitting on my desk now. I need to get some holders, any recomendations? Do any of you think that the peace will benefit from a dip? Thanks

-mike

9. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

thanks B. And congrats to you too for the big 1,000. :)

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

they look to me as if AU dipped. But that can be the photographs.

Ruben

11. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Great looking coins and a very nice gift as well :D

12. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

Thanks! I showed my wife my 1,000th post, and she said I spend too much time on CT!!!

I wouldn't dip the Peace.

13. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

haha, don't we all.

alright. you convinced me. i wont dip it. :)

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Good! :)

15. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Don't dip the coins.

16. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

Don't consider dipping, not just yet away.

Suggest getting airtites. They have a variety of capsules which I just love. Great for the large dollars.

Allen

17. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

I wasn't planning on dipping them all, just the peace. Because there are some tarnish spots north of her head that I didn't particularly like. I love the toning on the 1896 a lot so far.

18. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

Thanks. I was originally going to put them in 2x2's, but decided that they deserve better. I've been looking into holders, and airtites seem like the way I'm gonna go. I was going to order them from wizardcoinsupplies or brentkrueger, but shipping is just too much. Is there any where else I can get them? Maybe a coin shop?
    thanks
    -mike

19. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Hey Mike - what fun! Always nice to walk away with some old silver. I really like the Peace dollar. Seems like it has a good strike.

Congratulations!

P.S. I a second air-tites to contain them.

20. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Ok. Then don't dip the peace.

21. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

Yeah, that Peace dollar is my favorite out of the ones you got....Really nice strike....NO dippin'..

Draft saved Draft deleted