My order came through!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, May 14, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I ordered 3 1oz gold sg coins and a roll of 20 silver eagles and just got the word they are on the way to my door!. I only hope APMEX sells good stuff. Who knows, maybe someday the gold coins might even go up $20.00 or so. I have never dealt with APMEX before but no matter how hard I looked on line I could find no complaints about them!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

\Congrats! Can't wait to see pics.

4. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Very very nice! Congrats on your silver!

5. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I have never dealt with APMEX before how is their quality on the coins they sell? Both the 09 silver eagles and the SG gold coins are listed as in brilliant uncirculated condition do you think they will keep their word?

6. coins2006

coins2006 Member

All the dealing I had with APMEX have been great. I for one will surley use them again. Their stuff is good as far as I am concerned but like they say "you can't please all the people all the time"

7. Coinman_Ben

Coinman_Ben Member

I've dealt with apmex before, and I can officially say that thanks to apmex, I have no need for ebay anymore, they have great customer service and they ship very quickly, so you should get your silver within a couple of days depending on where you live.

8. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

APMEX is A-OK

After several purchases, APMEX gets a big "two thumbs up" from me.
    :thumb::thumb:

9. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I hope it goes well for me also! I just ordered 40 silver eagles and a 10 oz bar That makes my total buy this week at 3oz gold and 50oz silver. I think I spent enough money this week!

10. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

next time you should try the $100 face bags of Quarters, walkers, mercs and rosies for a little silver diversification.

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I only hope it all goes up before the wife finds out! LOL

12. JoeSmith

JoeSmith Member

Don't forget some Peace and Morgan "junk" silver dollars as well.

Personally I don't like the silver Rosies, they look too much like the Rosies that don't have silver. The same for the newer (pre-1964) quarters. I love the half dollars and mercuries. Junk silver coins are more fun than eagles, you can handle them and I even carry one and occasionally give them as tips. But, eagles are cool too.

13. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I did like the way the silver eagles looked and I intend to just leave them in the mint rolls they came in. I just hope when the time comes to sell them I get a little more then spot price for them! I haven't decided whether to at least look at each coin to see if there are any cherries among them or not.

14. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

Yankee, any fears you have of dealing with APMEX should be laid to rest. First, let me say that I'm in no way affiliated with APMEX. I live fairly near their business in Oklahoma and deal with them all the time.

Fortunately for me, I can go to their store and don't have to pay shipping costs. I have to pay sales tax, however, so I suppose that makes up the difference. Anyway, I'll tell you that APMEX has some of the most professional employees you'd ever want to deal with. Their store is located in a nice neighborhood of the city and is very, VERY clean, well-lit and modern.

When you deal with APMEX, you're dealing with good people who have a professional work ethic. Once you receive your bullion, please let us know your opinion of APMEX. I think you'll agree... :)

15. Coinman_Ben

Coinman_Ben Member

If you got the 2009 original mint tubes and you leave them in the original mint tubes, than you should be able to sell them for at well over spot within the next few years, otherwise, you'll probably only be able to sell them for the going rate of any other common date silver eagle (which can be anywhere from a couple dollars above spot to at least $10 above spot in today's market).

I predict the difference between spot silver and the going rate of silver eagles will only increase as demand for silver grows since the silver eagles are the most widely recognized silver bullion product in the market, therefor, while other forms of silver bullion may be cheaper, they won't go up nearly as high as the silver eagles will when demand for silver increases, so your best bet as far as bullion is concerned, is most likely the silver eagles, therefor, I wouldn't even consider any other bullion product other than silver eagles unless you think it looks interesting and you want to add it to your collection, but know that when demand for silver increases, the silver bullion product that will be most sought after in the case of a surge in demand for silver, will be the silver eagles, so if you're investing for the long term, and not just buying for enjoyment, than you will want to limit yourself to either "junk" silver (whose numismatic value will increase with the silver value) or silver eagles (whose value will go up with global demand which other, privately issued silver bars and rounds won't have).

However, if you're buying for the enjoyment of buying silver bars and rounds as well as for the investment, than feel free to buy whatever you enjoy looking at, in my opinion, buying silver isn't just about limiting yourself to what you think will go up the most, but also about enjoying what you have bought and while the above strategy will work best if you're just buying silver to sell or trade at a profit when the time comes, the most enjoyment comes from expanding your collection beyond one type of coin, which is really what coin collecting is about. It's not about hoarding, it's about enjoying the coins you buy by buying a variety of coins that you like.

16. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

This puts my mind at ease. I thought for a second, I was ordering from a dimly lit, filthy, rat infested old broken down old warehouse next to the railroad tracks.

Draft saved Draft deleted