My Medals

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by De Orc, May 27, 2009.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Just been updating my medal collection and realise that I have lost some info (Or misplaced it) so any help iding these two would be appreciated. I think that they are German or Austrian. Also does any one know of a site like omnicoin but for medals? I did have details of one but :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Wel the bottom medal is a German shooting medal commemerating the 50th anniversary of the Bad Kosen club in 1928 :D

But still no info on the top one nor any leads on a Medal equivalent of Omnicoin :(

4. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Sorry that I can't provide any info, but cool medals!:thumb:

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The red-white-red ribbon indicates Austria, I think, and that lyre may refer to an orchestra or choir. Now Bad Kösen is a place in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt, and as you wrote, it commemorates the 50th anniversary of the local "Bürgerschützencorps", kind of marksmen club I guess. The text "Üb' Aug und Hand / fürs Vaterland" means something like "Exercise eye and hand for the fatherland" ...

Christian

6. Daboz

Daboz Senior Member

7. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks Christian I did have a bit of difficulty with the "Üb' Aug und Hand / fürs Vaterland" LOL and Daboz many thanks for that :bow: that is the site I lost the info to :crying: Now I can make a start listing my medals LOL

8. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Well have just began to add my medals to Omnicoin so here is a little taster LOL

Sainya Seva with bar Jammu & Kashmir
    Awarded in recognition of non-operational service under conditions of hardship and severe climate in specified areas
    Name erased but to a artilary reg

[​IMG]

11th November 1918
    Victory Portraits of the Allied leaders
    Justice triumphant sat on throne

[​IMG]

Universal Exhibition (World fair)
    Paris
    Lady's head representing Universal Suffrage

[​IMG]

Marriage at the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace, on 25 January 1858 of Prince Frederick William of Prussia (Kaiser Wilhelm II) to The Princess Royal Victoria Adelaide Mary Louisa

[​IMG]

9. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Nice Medals! Love the second one.

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Much appreciated, got a ton more to do LOL

11. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Put up a few more, this one i need help dating, I have emailed the makers so I might get a response LOL

Chester Cathedral

[​IMG]

Queen Victoria Dimond jubilee Uniface with original ribbon I believe this was a lady's medal due to the way the ribbon is bow shaped

[​IMG]

12. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

This one looks familiar. Didn't someone make a whole series on nothing but cathedrals. BTW, is that a die crack I see?:D

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

No unfortunatly just a scratch LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted