My first experience with cointalk

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Foster dollar, Nov 7, 2006.

?

how did you discover cointalk

1. By accident

38.5%
  2. searching for a forum

30.8%
  3. somebody told you about it

11.5%
  4. other

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Foster dollar

Foster dollar Coinguy

I was looking for a good coin forum so i searched on google cointalk was the first or second I saw so I clicked on It I figured I would see how long it would take to register. It only took me a few minutes and it was worth it

Mike

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. samjimmy

samjimmy New Member

I tried to register somewhere else and they never "approved my membership" so I found somewhere else. Heritage was the same way (I think it was them.... hmmm), but I took the time to register and they took the time to delete the account so thus I've never bought anything there, nor will I.

4. Bogie

Bogie Member

Search for me after I inhearted my grandfathers collection as the only coin knolege I had was the small bits about silver as I have been a silver collector for many years mainly SAE's for economic reasons.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Someone sent me a email asking me to check it out, I have no idea who sent it but would like to thank them :thumb: :thumb:

De Orc :D

6. Check_M_All

Check_M_All New Member

I was searching for information about something on some characteristic of a particular coin... can't remember what it was now. CoinTalk was the only place that I found any mention of it, so I kept browsing through page after page and found this to be quite a store of information

7. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

I was searching for info on a coin and the search engine found a thread on that coin here...

8. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Someone on the PCGS web site asked how many other coin web sites people used and this one was on the list.

9. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Good Find

I too, went searching for a forum after I got my grandfathers coins. I collected when I was younger and went to shows with my grandfather, but after finding this forum I plunged back in to the hobby more than ever. I can't say enough about the knowledge this site has given me and how many problems it has saved me. THANKS:hug:

Draft saved Draft deleted