My call to ANACS today...changes..good and bad IMO

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Speedy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Well, James Taylor called me back today and I asked him a few more questions about the changes...up front I will say that I think some changes are good and some are bad....I still like ANACS the best.
    I didn't get to ask all the questions that I had marked down...I could tell that he was tired--I say a trip to FL for a show would wear anyone out. ;)

The new Holder is the same size as NGC's ICG's and PCGS's...but not as thick... :D :rolling: (good and bad)

Coins with Problems will NOT be put in a new holder--(I don't think that was good....that will mess up many new collectors.)

He says he thinks the 100 Point grading system would have been the best....but now that its been 70 for so long he doesn't see it happening for a long time.

As for the fee...they will be making it so it's cheaper the more you send in but only at times...that will be more of a special offer.
    The reason for the hike in fee is because of insurance---

MIDAS--you will like this.... :rolling:

He said that about computer grading...it might happen down the road....but not for sometime as the cost and effectiveness of the program.

They are working on getting a new grader to take the place of the one that left----I wonder who they will get???

All in all--talking to Mr Taylor is easy and nice---he is helpful and friendly.

Speedy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stop Motion

Stop Motion New Member

Thanks Speedy! Interesting! :)
    SM

4. Midas

Midas Coin Hoarder

I talked to him at the FUN show and saw the new slabs. Bottom line...the guy is a visionary. He thinks out of the box. Some people like it and others don't.

He's one of those guys that believes: "If it ain't broke, break it!...take fast and make it faster...take great, make it greater...take smart, make it brilliant"

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

They just got Fahey from ANACS - do they need another one new one ?

6. QuarterEagle

QuarterEagle New Member

Thanks for the info Speedy.

7. Speedy

Well since I called ANACS :D they LOST Fahey....

Speedy

8. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

Speedy,

Thanks a bunch for the update. I appreciate having all of the latest info. I wonder when they will get their website updated. I guess maybe that same day that they start using the new holders. I too think it's a bad idea to put problem coins in the old holders. I wonder what their reason for doing that is. That stinks because you might get an order back that has a bunch of mismatched, different sized holders in it. I wonder how long they'll keep that up...indefinitely? Are they still going to have new sets of the old style holders manufactured for them? So many questions, but thanks for the answers you got to us.

9. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

Mr Taylor will be doing a web chat over at another coin forum this afternoon/evening (coin community dot com) where you should be able to have your questions answered.

10. Speedy

Right now that is indefinitely---I tried to tell him the reasons I didn't think that was good and what I saw....he said that he hoped that wasn't the case with everyone.

Speedy

Draft saved Draft deleted