My 1st AM error + Very Purple

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by USS656, Jul 17, 2009.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Not a big deal but I was happy when I found my 1st Wide AM Error on a 2000 cent this week. I know it's the least rare of the group but at least it's 1 down and 5 or 6 to go! :)

Also found this stunning toned cent. I have been looking at about 5000 cents a week for about the last month - although just started really looking for the AM errors. This toned cent stopped me dead in my tracks. The photos do not do the brilliant purple and pink at the edges justice. Hope you like it! Darryl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. schatzy

schatzy ~Roosie Fanatic~

Very Cool find!!

4. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

Nice find, I had a 1998 Wide AM. Cheryl

5. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

sweet cents, Darryl!!

6. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

nice find Daryl..that first one somehow makes the collective effort worth it (sorta, mostly, seems like?). :confused:

7. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Hi Daryl, USS535 here, could you take another look at that very nicely toned 1999-D and tell all of us if that is a normal close A M, or God willing for you, if it is a wide AM. I'M an ' A M ' freak. Hope you don't become one, it is a very obsessive habit.
    Congrats on that good looking 2000 WAM. zeke

8. USS656

:D Mostly looking for wheat's for a circulated cent album and it is kind of my way of having a relaxing lunch at work.

9. USS656

Fast boat - cool - bet we could tell some stories... :D

Sorry to say it's normal. I didn't think the 1999D was one of the group that had a wide AM? I'll try to put together the complete group - will probably take a while at the rate I'm going - but that's okay. :)

10. USS656

You had? What happened?

Thanks!

11. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Sorry, but that's a normal cent and not a WAM. The WAM's are from the Philly mint.

12. USS656

The 1st coin is a different cent and is from Philly :) If that was the same coin then I would have found a new variety and would have been realllllllllly excited. Thanks for checking it out though.

13. grizz

grizz numismatist

14. USS656

15. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

Sorry, Wrong word there, I still have it, looking for more, good luck on finding more. Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted