MPC's anyone?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by dollarcrazy, Jun 14, 2005.

1. dollarcrazy

dollarcrazy New Member

Do any of you paper collectors have a soft spot for MPC's?
    They are certainly the most colorful of all U.S. currency types. :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Haven't seen one since I converted mine to greenbacks at Camp Drake on August 14, 1955! :rolleyes:

4. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

In theory I would LOVE to collect them,. But I never really have. I might start, though.

I do understand that there are many that are rare and expensive.

I do have a few Military base coins/tokens. These are nice as well.

5. pab

pab New Member

Is there somewhere I could find out about these (I'm in UK) but would like to add them to my collecting interest but have no knowledge of types / rarity etc. Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

P.

6. SanMiguel

SanMiguel - pro patria vigilans -

7. pab

pab New Member

Many thanks San Miguel, that was just what I was looking for.

Regards,

P.

8. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

I would start with UK MPCs, as there was a BOATload that hit the market several years ago. There were millions of UK notes held in Berlin for payment of the soldiers there, but when the Berlin wall fell, that plan became obsolete.

Coincraft on 45 Russell Street (or maybe Great Russell Street) in London has a big chunk of the notes. There are some great designs, and many were very rare until this hoard broke open.

I will say that US issues from the same era are nicer, but the printing of the UK notes is top quality, and denomination from predecimal days are also included in the notes the hoard made common (and cheap).

9. pab

pab New Member

Many thanks. I already collect the British notes (BAFs after British Armed Forces) and have all of the Coincraft notes already.

Regards,

P.

10. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

Well, you are ahead of me, then. I only have some of the UK notes.

11. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

I have a small collection. But they do not get any better than this:

Attached Files:

12. dollarcrazy

dollarcrazy New Member

Krasnaya Vityaz, that 692 $1 is one of my favorites because of the bison on the reverse. Your note is a little skewed and off-center but many MPC's are.
    I recently sold one just like it for $90.00.

13. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

Actually the note is centered a lot better, but my scanning skills are not. :mad: But I think I paid only about $3-4 for it about 4-5 yrs ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted