Morgan Dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by swick, Jul 16, 2007.

1. swick

swick New Member

Could anyone please give me a grade for this Morgan Dollar? It is graded by PCGS, in an old holder, but I think that it should be graded higher. I'm thinking about bidding on it, and then having it re-graded by NGC. What do you think? Thanking you in advance.

swick

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Nice coin.

Probably MS-65

4. swick

swick New Member

That's what I thought also Frank. Thank you.

swick

5. tjenkins_1983

tjenkins_1983 Numismaniac

Looks like many of the 65's I own. I'd say 65 is right on the money.

6. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

That is my guess also. Good luck!

7. swick

swick New Member

Thanks to everyone who looked. PCGS grade the coin at MS-64. If I win the bid, do yinz think it would be a good idea to have the coin re-graded by NGC? The price difference between MS-64 and MS-65 is substaintial....according to the Red Book prices. Thanks again.

swick

8. tjenkins_1983

tjenkins_1983 Numismaniac

It's a risk I would take, but weigh it carefully.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Personally I think it is a lousy pic and I would not risk the $100. Unless you want the coin as a 64 anyway.

10. zaneman

zaneman Former Moderator

The obverse looks like a high end 64, however the scrape in the left field may be quite distracting, and as far as the reverse, the picture is not very good. I would not risk it, unless you can get it for 64 money.

11. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

I see it as a 64/65 liner coin. It just depends on exactly how much is going on around the face on the obverse. If you can buy it for 64 money, then give it a shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted