misprinted 20 dollar bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by paintballmike22, Aug 31, 2006.

1. paintballmike22

paintballmike22 New Member

hi im am new at this so bare with me ... i found a misprinted 20 dollar bill when i cashed my check at walmart a couple of weeks back. i will try to describe it the best i can.i will also post 2 pics one of the fron of the bill and one of the back. on the front of the bill it does not appear to have anything missing (im a newb i could be wrong). the top of the bill has NO border the bottom of the bill has about what id say is a 1/4 of an inch border the right side border is larger than the left side. on the back there is almost a half inch gap (im GUESSING could be wrong) on the bottom. im actually starting to think the back is printed correct but the front is misaligned. you can see the invisible face and the line the says twenty usa so im assuming its real. any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Hi mike, and [​IMG] to Cointalk.

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like you have a cutting error, not a printing error.

Those can occur in two significantly different ways:
    • An extremely rare misalignment of the printed sheets in the automatic cutting machine :thumb:
    • An artificially created error manufactured by someone who bought one or more uncut sheets, and deliberately miscut them [​IMG]

4. paintballmike22

paintballmike22 New Member

when u hold the bill into the light you can see how the front is msalgned with the back.. and also it doesnt seem to be cut IF it is it was cut with a paper cutter and the cut is VERY straight ... back to your first explanation... if this is the case what do u think i could get for this bill?? i know its not in good shape but ...

upon further examination (im no expert but) you can see what seem to be "hairs" on all four edges of the bill so i dont think someone cut this .... i have to compare it to another bill... ill get back to you ...

also i live near philadelphia pennsylvania would you know of anywhere i could take it to be looked at by an expert??

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Looks like the back was probably printed correctly and the front was printed a little high. Does not look like it was mis-cut. Having the front printing a little out of register is not unusual and normally won't bring a premium unless it is far enough off that part of the printing is cut off and part of the next note is visible at the opposite border.

6. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

welcome to the forum Mike.

Draft saved Draft deleted